Dually Projects \  JJ's L31 dually..

JJ's L31 dually..

Dually Projects
views 19483
replies 87
following 21

75dually   +1y
OK here is my list I think you should consider:

1. The anthracite would look great, I especially think that the color and gloss level that OZ rims uses is the best I have ever seen. Pic below.
2. Black would look cool, and semi gloss black would look ever cooler! I think you should also consider semi gloss white. I think it would match really well with the color scheme you have right now.
3. This is way out there, but what about the rally rims below? You might hate it or like it, but if done correctly with the right hue and gloss level it would be killer!
post photo
post photo
john jones   +1y
That matt finish is nice Nice to the touch too.. forgiving on imperfections too. There was a dually around here with white rock stars... It never grew on me.. so No white... I did consider it.. since silver white is the "correct" rim color with Dove Blue.. shhhhhhh.... Black seems like the safe choice.. so.. I may have to do Anthracite.. but if I want to sell em.... Black will move quicker.. hummm

a few shots.. it's in warming up some before I sand em.. I hope they are nice and need no more love.. except the L31 one kind! :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

not sure if you can tell.. I pushed the flares out about an inch with a metal backer I panel bonded to the back side.. it's 28" long and goes along the whole front face and barely into each corner. I think I am going to be able to turn a little bit lower now... and up around 150psi it doesn't touch at all... lock to lock.. well.. till it hits on the inside... not enough room for 24's... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$
thread post photo

thread post photo

://://
thread post photo

thread post photo
ryridesmotox   +1y
Man that thing looks better every time I roll through here.
dajizz   +1y
Ive seen your truck over the years. I live about 20mins from Devious. The guy that drove it sure liked to beat on it. Im glad its getting some love and new lease on life. If you ever make a trip to cali, be sure to do it around st. Pattys day. The Foribben Fantasy show is one one the biggest and where that above photo from '06 was taken. Truly a not miss event.

Keep up tue good work. Was digging that orig color you painted, an accent stripe of some sort would look killer on it
lophat   +1y
What's up John?

JJ is way too modest. He builds the most badass VW's around and I've known him for many years.

He's a super great guy and is very knowledgeable and approachable.

Glad to see you got your rig buddy!

Hopefully I'll be done with the 77 finally this year!
lophat   +1y
Oh, the grey would be sweet on the rims. Go with a matte finish.

Black would be killer too, but I find the rims get "lost" when they're black...unless the whole thing is murdered out.

Don't be surprised if my plans for color changes AGAIN with my rig. Regardless of the color choice the truck still looks stellar.

Your had a solid foundation to start from...still hoping to head out in the next year or so.

Tell all the guys I say hi.
guilty by design   +1y
Careful with the dove blue and black look
ryridesmotox   +1y
Sweet mother of god... That looks amazing
john jones   +1y
Good morning DS!!! Hope everyone got shit loads done on their dually's this weekend!

I was looking at tire sizes for the 22's.. Looks like I could loose up to 4-5 inch's in diameter.. if I went lo lo pro... That would help turning radius a ton!!! but.. not sure it's worth the trade off of rockin 24's... hummm it's already better than is was before the flare rework.. if these flares get F_cked up again.. I am buying 4 fenders and making two, outta steel!!!

anyway.. So.. I got my front fenders fixed up, worked and painted again.. 3rd times a charm right? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< Come to think of it.. I have painted my hood three times now too!! :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ it had flames burried under that light blue.. i didn't notice it till I painted it the first time. So after the first time.. I wet blocked it and painted it once more.. STILL see the flames.. So.. since we had to do the mods on the back and weld and shit.. I thought hell.. I am going to strip it and body work it right.. like I shoulda done the first time!!!! what a waste of paint.. so.. scuffed the back up and put more blue on it and planned on painting it late last night.. but.. I ran out of steem.. SO when I woke up this morning.. at 3am. to pee.. I just got up and got it done! yeah! met my goal.. Can't wait to see the hood on.. I nailed it this time!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

You can see now how I pushed em out an inch or so...
thread post photo

thread post photo
luifer76   +1y
hood and fenders look great man.... nice job!