JJ's L31 dually..

Dually Projects
views 19488
replies 87
following 21

nandrus   +1y
Nice truck, looks great.
ryridesmotox   +1y
Hey man, another question. I'm looking at getting my own spray gun next year. I'm trying to ball on a budget you know... I was looking around, what kind of setup do you have? It seems like your results are real good. I plan on getting plenty of practice in on other stuff before I take on shooting a whole dually. But I don't want to pay like $6-7k for someone to spray it a stock color, you know. I was looking at Eastwood and devil biss and stuff but I also have Ingersoll Rand tools and I know they make sprayers too. I know the sprayer doesn't make the paint job... it's the operator, but I don't want a ghetto fabulous gun that doesn't spray well.

Sorry about the thread jack.
comegetsome   +1y
i personally use Sata Jet's.....they are kinda expensive but all the good ones are.....a cheap gun is good for spraying primer....do yourself a favor and save up for a good gun
ryridesmotox   +1y
Dang, best I could find was like $700. Gonna have to save for a while. Luckily I won't be ready to paint for a while haha.
john jones   +1y
Sata Jet is the only way to go... But... I am not sure I would buy one for one paint job... Buffing will do wonders for any paint job... If I knew I was gonna buff it. Shit.. I'd paint it with a astro gun!!

but.. I bet you could borrow one... Shit.. I have about 5.. I am sure every painter in your area does..
ryridesmotox   +1y
It won't be just for one job. I figure me and my boy are going to restomod some classics later. I really want to do a Gbody LS swap after a dually.

I figured the cutting and bufffing could do a good job of taking out a lot of issues. But I still want a decent gun. But a Sata seems a bit spemdy for my purposes of implementation.
deeaone   +1y
LOVE the truck man. Wish I could afford those Petes. I'd take Em off your hands for sure. Exactly what I want for my 97.
75dually   +1y
John is this your truck? I have had this pic in my files and was looking through them last night and wondered if it was you ride?
post photo
john jones   +1y
Yes sir!!! Funny you posted that.. I dug that up today and was going to post too..!!! I think that is around 2006ish?? I think it would be cool to get a bunch of the original build pics... I will be rolling this baby out to cali this summer sometime.. I want to find Devious and stop by.. might be cool..

Thanks for posting that!
john jones   +1y
I blasted the 22's.. going to sand em and work out some bad spots before powder coating.. can't decide on black or anthracite grey.. and shiney or semi?? hummm..

also cut out the back side of my hood bracing and started bracing back up.. engine and roll cage around it hit like crazy.. rattled.. not no more!
thread post photo

thread post photo

Kind of a cool shot.. yeah.. working on my front fenders again!!!
thread post photo