Page 5 of 20
Dually Projects \  The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

Dually Projects
views 78049
replies 193
following 33

john-e bravada   +1y
Yes front brackets, calipers and rotors on the rear. Typical 14 bolt disc brake swap stuff.

As for the park brake the options are driveline, line lock our none. I haven't decided yet. I'm thinking line lock since I don't use my park brake much with a manual. I might do a mechanical(ball valve) line lock. Not sure yet.
john-e bravada   +1y
Well it turn out I put the gov bomb in my plow truck. So I went from this,
thread post photo

To this.
thread post photo
john-e bravada   +1y
I welded the brake brackets on, put the new hub seals in, shafts back in and calipers on. So the rear axle is back together. On to bracket gussets. Here's what I came up with for the frame link mounts.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
john-e bravada   +1y
As a side note my shop safety tip for the night is don't leave your oil catch pan under your axle while you weld brackets to it. If it catches a stray spark it can explode!
thread post photo

thread post photo

I'm guessing it was all the brake cleaner residue from cleaning out the center section. It was a first and filled the shop with smoke in a hurry!
90yota   +1y
Those link brackets are real nice!
katkatcher#1   +1y
nice!! been thinking about a disk brake swap on mine too, when you swaped where the disk thinner than the drums? only reason i ask is I swapped in a srw 14bt and the wheel studs arn't long enough for the adapters so if i could do a disk swap and get away with not changing studs
dzl1   +1y
Sick build. Keep up the great work!

DZL1.
john-e bravada   +1y
Thanks guys. I tend to get carried away with the speed holes. I need to remember this isn't the buggy where all this will be out in the open to see and enjoy but it is fun

Nope the discs aren't going to help. They are thicker then the drums so you loose stud length. I had to counter sink the rear adapters really deep to avoid having to get longer studs.

Billavista notes:
katkatcher#1   +1y
thanks for the info, ive used pirates 14bt bible alot, just havnt had a chance or thought much about getting the studs swapped out yet. most guys dont think about the 4wd comunity when they work on these trucks or minis, most of my tabs and bushings come from the 4wd websites, seems they are beefier than the air ride websites and cheaper, same with disk brake swap kits
john-e bravada   +1y
I'm a 4wd guy, the dually is a strange build for me. I'm used to having a straight axle up front. I put D60 under the front of all my rigs! One day the dually will tow my off road rigs to the parks. Nothing like seeing a truck coming at you where you can see the whole towed vehicle over the top of it