Page 4 of 14
Dually Projects \  84 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY PROJECT

84 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY PROJECT

Dually Projects
views 33937
replies 137
following 22

evilbill   +1y
finished the york mount tonight , bolted it all up looks like it should work good
thread post photo

thread post photo
04_duramax   +1y
man i like that york mount! i havent been on here lately, school has kept me busy. i like those block off plates for the vacuum pump! keep up the good work!
04_duramax   +1y
i gots me a interesting question i think. seeing how your york and mine are in same location, do you think it might be a good idea to run a idler pully between the alternator and the york. that way you still have alot a contact on the drivin pulley's. i lost alot of surface area on the alternator when i did mine.

just a thought! i might try it on mine, i have a small idler layin in the shop. (FREE) lol.
04_duramax   +1y
make sure that bracket is pretty stout, i had to beef mine up pretty good, mine was vibrating when i first started up the engine. i had to go back and add some braces. the belt tensioner still has me scratchin my head. i thought about making a new tensioner set up.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Lookin good!
evilbill   +1y

yeah i was thinking about that and putting in an idler is a good idea , i have a small wide idler from a 99 subaru timing belt i might try and mount on there ......more fabrication and brackets....
evilbill   +1y

thanks , i checked out your build ... looks mint, if i had my truck in that many pieces i dont know if i would ever get it back together lol....my bad wrong build thread
evilbill   +1y
got some interior work done this weekend, pulled all the seats and carpet out , wire wheeled the floorpan , painted half of it with por 15 and started laying down some sound deadener , i went with the cheaper alternative to dynamat its called peel n seal, its made for fixing your roof but ppl use it for sound proofing , i bought it at lowes for 15 bucks a roll, im about done with half the cab its prolly gonna take about 6 rolls for the whole floor but its about half the price and pretty easy to install so far, im taping all the seems with aluminum duct tape . thinking about gettin the new carpet ordered this week, and maybe seat covers if the budget allows for it.
here's some pics....
thread post photo

por 15 on the floorpan
thread post photo

first few rows of peel n seal down , using a heat gun scissors and a razor knife for trimming
thread post photo

thread post photo

passenger footwell area
gjf   +1y
Looks good. Lowes also sells it in a 36" x 33" x 30' roll for $98. Next time just buy the roll it goes a lot further. It's the same thing as Dyna Mat.
evilbill   +1y

thanks for the heads up , i would have got the bigger size but didnt see it they only had very few of the small rolls ...must be popular