84 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY PROJECT

Dually Projects
views 33938
replies 137
following 22

diddy   +1y
Looking good..
gjf   +1y
Another thing I did in the 99.... After the first layer of Peel-n-stick (DynaMat), I put down a layer of 1/4 cork, then another layer of the Peel-n-stick. I even put the cork on the roof. It doesn't add much bulk but I think it made a big difference. Just an idea.
evilbill   +1y
got some goodies this week for the interior, new carpet from stock interiors, test fit it looks good and is a great fit im really pleased about that
thread post photo

carpet mocked in
thread post photo

painted my door panels with some satin black krylon fusion and picked up a set of used carriage works aluminum door panel trim
thread post photo

painted the lower part of the dash so its not blazing white in a sea of black lol
comegetsome   +1y
Lookin good.....so how did stockinteriors.com carpet fit? Im bout to order some new carpet next week hopefully.....how much was there to trim off on each side.....been curious if they have enough material to work with a raised tranny tunnel.....and what was the shipped price on it?
evilbill   +1y

the carpet fit great my truck has a 3" bd and has custom aluminum side plates to cover the drop so i can run a stock carpet no problem. it was 250.00 shipped i added the option of mass backing i feel it wont slip on the soundproofing with this backing, i bet if you ask them they can leave more material on the edges for you. was your truck originally auto or manual ? how much is your tunnel raised?
comegetsome   +1y
My truck is an Automatic......and my trans tunnel is still stock at the moment but when i get around to body droppin it the tunnel will be raised about 4 inches
evilbill   +1y

if your truck orig. came with an auto the tunnel is lower than if it came with a manual so if you order a carpet for a manual trans truck it should be 3-4" higher in the trans tunnel area and may help you out ... just a thought
evilbill   +1y
ok so i just posted a whole build on my heater box and then the site crashed ...now im f ing pissed so ill just post some pics , basically what im doing is sealing my heater box and running a remote mount blower motor under the dash because there is no longer room for a blower motor on the firewall, my budget is around $100 bucks for the heating system...
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

this last pic is of it installed under dash with the glovebox removed, the blower will mount up under dash
evilbill   +1y
ok got some more work did on the heater tonight.... got the blower motor in the mail today , its a jabsco 3" Blower motor intended for use in marine applications .
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

put some screen on the intake side so nothin gets into it while its runnin..
thread post photo

here it is mounted up under the dash it clears the glove box no problem and was easy to mount with the included bracket just had to drill 3 holes in the dash
thread post photo

3" flex hose installed
thread post photo

this is a pic with the glove box closed so you can see the clearance
thread post photo

got the blower resistor mounted on the side of the box
thread post photo

all hooked up
thread post photo

this is what the firewall looks like just gotta get heater hoses!
i tested the blower motor out it works great its pretty quiet, i think if i insulate around it that i could make it really quiet.....its not as many cfm's as stock but i think it moves plenty of air for my needs...all in all im pleased that i finished the heater build for under 100bucks . the blower was 70 the 3" duct was 12 and the flange was 5 bucks, all purchased on ebay
comegetsome   +1y
Nice mod on the heater.....so no hopes of ever hookin up A/C again?....and also got my carpet in today from Stockinteriors.com and im stuck at work and cant put it in lol.....nice progress man