Dually Projects
views 33936
replies 137
following 22

evilbill   +1y
thread post photo

this is whats left of my old heater box.......R.I.P
evilbill   +1y
been home sick from work all week havent got out to work on the dully , so ill post some random pics in no particular order
thread post photo

copper nickel brake lines
thread post photo

thread post photo

built new upper bag mounts out of heavy channel and 1/4" plate
thread post photo

new crossmember to clear drive shaft made of 1/4" wall box tubing and 3/8" wall 6" diameter pipe cut in half. the underside of beds crossrail will need to be notched to clear the hump
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

cut out the old bag plates . getting ready to build cups to get more drop
thread post photo
evilbill   +1y
well got to work on the dully for a few hrs today got the cummins dropped in and bolted to the motor mounts just checkin clearances on the firewall ,trans tunnel and things like throttle cable length and where i will mount a battery. it felt good to see the motor in it cant wait to drive it lol
thread post photo
04_duramax   +1y
woohoo!!!! its in! hell yess! what did you go with for the motor mounts? the factorys worked well for me.
comegetsome   +1y
I havent pulled the cover off my rear end to confirm the gear ratio but i was told they were 3.42s....i think they might be 3.73s but regardless my truck will run about 78mph before it hits the factory governor.....gonna put a 3k spring in it one day so maybe i can get a good interstate speed
evilbill   +1y

haha yeah its in for now lol.. i was gonna make mounts but decided to just buy them, i got them from transmissioncenter.net they were 259.00 and well worth it in my opinion and they work with the original gm motor mounts
evilbill   +1y

thats awesome i would be happy with just 65mph without tacking this thing out...what trans are you using in your truck?
comegetsome   +1y
Mine has the stock Dodge A518 trans in it....it will pull a loaded trailer all day long at 75 mph but it just reaches that govenor and stops pulling....not sure what rpm it is set at but gonna go with 3k spring
evilbill   +1y
finally got back to my truck , been sick for a while... started on my york mounts for the 6bt started with 1/4" plate
thread post photo

thread post photo

drilled the holes and cleaned up the surface
thread post photo

thread post photo

made my first mounting tab
thread post photo

this is where it will mount on top to the alternator
thread post photo

these are block off plates i made to eliminate the vacuum pump on the motor because i dont have any need for vacuum on this truck. i still have to clean up the ball mill work
evilbill   +1y
got more done on the york mount
thread post photo

got it tacked together need to add some gussets to strengthen it up
thread post photo

used a longer bolt on bottom of alternator that runs through the mount arm. same on the upper
thread post photo

the lower front bolts to a unused threaded hole on the block