Page 2 of 14
Dually Projects \  84 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY PROJECT

84 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY PROJECT

Dually Projects
views 33935
replies 137
following 22

evilbill   +1y
got the passenger side firewall completed tonight, i hate doing bodywork it takes me forever
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

like it was meant to be lol
gjf   +1y
Sweet! Nice progress! Are you gonna stick with the TH400?
leedogg   +1y
Cool build...will be tuning in to see the rest.
evilbill   +1y
thanks guys , i will not be using the th400 for several reasons i feel like ppl online are saying it doesnt handle the low end torque of the cummins motor well, it also doesnt have overdrive which is a big deal cuz my dana is 4:10 (for now), also i have no clue how many miles are on it , i thought about going with a 4l80e ...but deciced i didnt want to run a computer for it.and the controllers are damn expensive too...around $650 -850. so my best option seemed to be a 95 dodge 47rh overdrive trans , with no electronics , just a few wires to hook up for overdrive and lock up i found a mopar factory rebuild with all the updates shipped for $950 on ebay........... i thought it would mate up to my motor....well i was wrong had to by a second gen adapter and a different starter to make it all bolt together
dzl1   +1y
Great progress! Keep the pics coming!

DZL1.
jitteryguy   +1y
look'n forward to see this come together.
big bear   +1y
sweet project. coming along good
04_duramax   +1y
man i fell ya on the 4:10 gears, my cab & chassis rear end has 4:10's.

idk how its gona balance out yet, but ill be sure and let you know. Also im diggin your fire wall good sheet metal fabrication man! that one thing i have zero experience at, i just did the best i knew how.

keep the pictures flowing man!
comegetsome   +1y
You goin with a Vintage Air setup or what? Noticed you left a few holes on the firewall
evilbill   +1y
thanks guys , i picked up a junkyard heater box after mine was destroyed in the fire my plan is to modify the box by sealing of the front of it where the old blower motor comes in, and then use a more compact blower motor on the rh side of the box under the dash and mount the resistor inside as well. this is all in theory right now but i think it could work for short money . i will post pics of that build when i get into it