Page 1 of 14
Dually Projects \  84 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY PROJECT

84 CHEVY CREW CAB DUALLY PROJECT

Dually Projects
views 33906
replies 137
following 22

evilbill   +1y
ok starting my build thread , first things first its a 1984 chevy crew cab dually 3+3 with a 454 and th400 , i bought the truck a few years back and have been working on it on and off, it has a 3" traditional body drop and is bagged had 16" alcoas , working on fitting 22"s

thread post photo

thread post photo
my shop dog Arnold
thread post photo
out with the 454
thread post photo
getting ready for the 6bt
evilbill   +1y
thread post photo
got the dana out and sandblasted
thread post photo
four link tabs and shock mounts welded on
thread post photo
and painted with POR15
comegetsome   +1y
Nice project.....got any pics of it bodied on the 16s before you took it apart for the 22s?
evilbill   +1y
thread post photo

here is a pic of the truck before i tore it all to pieces
evilbill   +1y
thread post photo

here it is as of last night working on the firewall to clear the 22s
thread post photo

cut the old part of firewall out ,got some 16guage sheet and made some filler pieces , i had it all in and got mad and tore it all out again this is a pic of round two lol
thread post photo

got the second piece welded in
thread post photo

all ground and ready for the last small piece
thread post photo

test fit the tire n wheel, i have about 1/2" of clearance when the truck is fully dropped
thread post photo

got the last piece welded in and ground
thread post photo

bondo time
thread post photo

por 15 paint and done
thread post photo

thread post photo

passenger side is next , started marking it up roughly
evilbill   +1y
got a half day at work today so i decided to start cutting up the firewall on the passenger side
thread post photo

got the metal all cut out
thread post photo

checked the tire clearance
thread post photo

mocked up the fillers with cardboard, cant wait to get back to it and finish
04_duramax   +1y
good looking project man! seems these 6bt's are blowin up on here all of a sudden. theres like 4 or 5 of us on here now lol. im diggin the sheet metal work! keep up the progress, and post alot of pics of your cummins swap please, i like seeing all the differences in how each person tackles the challenge.
90yota   +1y
Looks great so far!
evilbill   +1y
thanks for all the kind words , i will be posting more pics as i go and will start posting more on the 6bt battle..
oh yeah btw caught the truck on fire yesterday. i was welding the passenger side firewall and the carpet i had pulled back on the inside decided to catch on fire and caught the heater box on fire and some wiring , luckily got it put out before it did more damage ...im sooooo pissed now i have to buy more parts i didnt want to buy...oh well
thread post photo

here is a picture after i put the fire out its still smoldering
evilbill   +1y
got some more work did on the firewall tonight. finished welding all the holes that wont be used grinding grinding grinding... then body filler , hopefully ill get back to it tmrw and finish the bondo work.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo