89 custom crew cab dually gettin started a little late

Dually Projects
views 10219
replies 42
following 11

mdub4life29   +1y
Any progress on this?
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
Anyone ever heard the expression never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

Well I promise I am making progress and do have pics of everything however since our laptop crashed and my phone won't let me post pics on this site they will have to wait.

Over the winter I started on the bodywork. Tearing into it I found more rust than I had originally thought the left rear Fenders had holes all the way around were the dually fender goes, both rear rockers are showing some pretty bad rot and just about every cab seam is rusted as bad as the rust is I can't believe it wasn't noticeable through the paint. Aways 2 new rockers on the way I just cut the rust out and patched the bed molded in new roll pan shave lights on fenders have bought some gsxr led fender lights for the front and rear haven't had the time to mess with yet. Stripped old busted spoiler off the back of cab molded new one in started on bodywork on the cab added some support strips to top of cab were it had been extended it was very weak and so much Bondo the whole roof was sagging down in the middle. The bed is done still waiting to finish fenders till I get ready to put the light in gonna flush mount them.
Pulled the front end apart again and painted wasn't comfortable with the control arms so beefed them up a little more new balljoints and bushings welded upper bag plates to crossmember ( a few bolts were rubbing on the bags ) reran front with 1/2" line and valves. Shaved and tubbed the firewall for bodydrop in the future plans I like the 33" tires I have now and plan to keep them they ride way better and i Plan to drive as much as possible. Tubbed the front inner fenders for clearance down low made some makeshift inner fenders till I get time to finish them they actually turned out I think ok let me know what yall think when Iet pics posted up
Probly the best news of all is the finally had time to go get the dodge.

Cummins power, I'm so ready to get this thing on the road, I've been working on it off and on for about 2 years now have had it for 4 and driven it maybe 2 miles when I had swaped the 6.5 into it
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
Anyone on here know how to load pics without using facebook or photobucket my phone for some reason will not copy the IMG links on my photobucket account is there anyway to load pics straight off my phone
75dually   +1y

I take the pics off my phone and download them to my laptop and then put them in Microsoft Office photo manager to size the file down to work on here. Maybe that will help, not sure what system you might have...
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
[IMG]
thread post photo

[IMG]
thread post photo
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0591_zps8aa3d9df.jpg
.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0594_zps2bd3d67d.jpg
.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0595_zps0b752656.jpg
.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0597_zps9b6d0263.jpg
.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0598_zpsccc2aa62.jpg
.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0599_zps3c478500.jpg
.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0600_zpse6b01903.jpg
.com/albums/a559/dually_ridin_low/IMAG0601_zpsae38817f.jpg
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
Started workin on the dodge tonight when I got off work managed to get the front clip off dash out steering column out and all the wiring harness had to take my time as I will be reusing the entire harness for lights gauges stereo ac the only wiring left in the Chevy when I bought it was the trailer plug everything else was trashed I guess they didn't think anyone would ever do anything with the truck. I'll have the cummins out tomorrow and start working on getting everything transplanted into the Chevy may have it mounted if I can figure out a way to reuse the factory mounts and don't have to build any we'll see hopefully all goes well gonna try to pull motor an trans as one unit all I got is a cherry picker and myself for this one ill keep my phone close by lol my wife always tells me to ask for help but I don't like the feeling of owing anyone so if its offered ill take it otherwise If its done for me its usually done by me

One question I do have this is my first build of any kind I have had 2 bagged trucks in the past but neither were my own work anyways the front bags are sitting on the plates I installed on the Lcas and the top on the bag plates will this wear the bags to the point they will blow? Do I need to build some spacers to keep the bags from sitting on the plate when aired out? No clearance issues other than that I just don't want to have any worries later on down the road

Also gonna trash the 2 link and go 4 link is parallel or wishbone type the best what are the pros and cons of either I seen a few others running the wishbone type with no centering link like watts or panhard bar are they not needed on this setup if so it seems that way would be easier. Considering redoing the whole backhalf behind the factory leafspring mounts the frame got a little warped when I lowered the notch cause I got in a rush and didn't level the frame before I started welding

damn rookies what we gonna do with em
jbell25   +1y
did u widen ur rear fenders?