Page 2 of 5
Dually Projects \  89 custom crew cab dually gettin started a little late

89 custom crew cab dually gettin started a little late

Dually Projects
views 10217
replies 42
following 11

guilty by design   +1y
The bigger the bag you can fit in the better. A bigger bag will exchange volume for pressure, so say instead of filling a 6'' bag to 120psi to get to ride height youl will fill an 8'' bag to 80psi to get to the same height. At that point your riding around on a softer bag wich will ride better, add the fact that heavy trucks ride better as well and it should ride like a caddy. I dont know if you have any brand preferences but i carry a full line of air management and bracketry on my site, feel free to take a look and email me with any questions you have.
b.a.94   +1y
Is the so you made the crew cab an x cab short bed?
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
Na the orange and tan one is another truck i found it is ext cab short bed tho but mine is the same kit it is the crew cab extra cab and long bed.
tulsaprez   +1y
those rims look sweet!!
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
so i got all my air susp. picked out going to order tomorrow next thing is get a new welder and plasma cutter. will post pics of everything once it comes in
my main question for now is do i need to "z" frame from my reading other post "z"ing the frame keeps your lower control arm bushings from being the first part to hit ground is this correct? i dont want to have truck laying rockers maybe 2"-3" off ground what do you guys recomend
iarodder   +1y
Well if you dont want it to lay rocker then you shouldn't have to "Z" it, but you will need to modify A-arms and or dropped spindles if you want to lay frame with out neg. camber issues. Still going to need to C-notch it in the rear though. I personally can't wait to bag and body drop mine. I think they look sweet layin rocker, my first one was only a static drop, this one is going to lay out.
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
so i finally talked my dad into selling me his 98 dodge that has been rotting in his yard for the past 2 yrs so i now have the 6.5 and 4l80e for sale. besides that still havent got moved into the new place yet but have a acquired a few shop tools that may come in handy i love having a wife that dosent chew my tail when i spend money lol hopefuly it will stay this way. air suspension parts should be in mid to late next week.
still anxiously awaitng even tho wont b able to do anything till after we move in.

i know there are a few of you on here who have done cummins swaps on here is there anything i need to prepare myself for links or build threads would be great already checked out a few
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
just a quick question i know the c&c rear end is cab and chassis but what is considered cab and chassis something like a box van/u-haul if so my dad has one of these as well and said i could have it if i pulled it out he bought the van at insurance auction a few yrs ago to use the box for storage will just have to go measure and see he said it is a 14 bolt gm rearend tho so hopefully i will luck out on this was really not looking forward to sectioning my fenders or buyin another axle
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
all my air ride came in
went with viair knockoff compressors 2 440 4 2way block valves 3/8" 2 dual needle guages 5 gal tank and switchbox bags are he8s
thread post photo

scored a new rear fender from local scrap yard
thread post photo

few pics after stripping it down
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

heres a pic of bumper i'm building for my little brother and the one i built for my jeep wanting to do one for the rear and tie them together with an exocage to a roof rack wich i also want to build

75dually   +1y
I like the new air ride set up! What bags are you going to use?