Page 3 of 5
Dually Projects \  89 custom crew cab dually gettin started a little late

89 custom crew cab dually gettin started a little late

Dually Projects
views 10218
replies 42
following 11

tahoe_on 44s   +1y
man i went with the he8s off of airbagit.com buy 2 get 2 free i think it was 220 or somewhere around there for all 4 all i lack now are all the fittings probly going with compression fittings from local hardware store they are pretty fair priced compared to most i've found online.
managed to get most of the unwanted brackets torched off the rear of frame and cut out front coils before the torch ran out of oxygen
most everything was welded plus the factory rivets the tow package and gooseneck plate are next to go once i get it refilled

this is about what ride height i will be shooting for
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
Got my front upper bag plates built last night going home when i get off to finish up cupping the lcas hope to have it all ready to throw back together tomorrow morning and then can get to work on the rear my logal steel yard hooked me up all the metal for my truck and a few things for around the house quoted le 290 over the phone and let me get it for 200 cash he said "no receipt" and i said na he said "alright lets keep that out of obamas pocket." i must agree lol i'll post up some pics tomorrow
bk2life   +1y
man that's comin along nice!!

cant wait to get my semi wheels on my truck!
big bear   +1y
Its lookin really good
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
Front is done and back together finished the lcas finally been sick the last week and half havent really felt like messin with it but it is done now i boxed in the lcas recessed 2" could have gone a little more but im not to worried about having the front layin on the ground and these are just temporary till i get some tubular lowers it is sittin about 4.5" off ground right now so i think later on will be gettin some drop spindles should put me right around 1-1.5" from layin out good enough for me had time to build the notches had some 3x3 1/4" and gonna plate the joints with 3/16" should be more than enough hopefully wednesday will be able to get started on the back got some 2x2 1/4" for the trailing arms just gonna move factory leaf spring mount forward a little bit so bars wont be so short still debating on where to mount rear bags probly gonna be on the bars and gotta get a watts link or all the pieces to build one got a few 4x4 shops around here gonna see what they can get me if not im sure tractor supply will have enough to get me rollin on it got some pics but my phone actin up so will get them up asap
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

dually_ridin_low/20130107_221300_zpsfe47f15e.jpg
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
haven't posted on here in over a year had some stuff come up with my job and me and the wife got 2 new rides both needed some work basically 2 more projects but very driveable been back on the dually now for a couple days this are what I finished last year but never got the chance to post up let me know what you think more pics to come for all you junkies

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

this is where I am at on those 2 the acura is done stripped it down to factory primer and resprayed it silver fixed the control arm bolt and water pump and shes good to go for a few 100k more lol you cant kill a Honda
a gmc on the other hand will go down pretty easy spider gears stripped when shifted into second gear pulling up hill I thought my driveshaft had fallen out the way it sounded but since ive had it I built front and rear bumpers new audio and now the rearend is getting some attention next is paint and boddy work other than tht just drive it lol
let me know what yall think I will get some recent pics of the dually up tonight