Page 5 of 7
Dually Projects \  2000 Bodied on 24's

2000 Bodied on 24's

Dually Projects
views 14632
replies 69
following 23

krewzlo   +1y
Thanks, can't wait to get serious about working on it again. Has to wait for now, wood cutting season takes most of my time.
lophat   +1y

It's all good man. I hear you about not having enough time to play. I hate cutting and stacking wood, but when it's all done and you step back at the nice pile...what a feeling.

Gotta get my ass moving on atacking my wood cause winter is coming early over here. Self motivate brother...you'll get it done.
krewzlo   +1y
Yeah, we already had some snow this weekend, gotta get my ass in gear, have about 25 more cord to go.
krewzlo   +1y
Finally have an update, had the night off last night so I was able to spend some alone time with my truck. I was able to get 2 more computer harnesses extended. One more to go (21 wires in this one). I solder each joint so it is time consuming. After I finish up that one, then on to extending all of them on the fuse box and get that mounted. Another 2 weeks and things start slowing down at work, so hopefully I will able to spend some more time on her. She told me last night how lonely it is out in that cold garage. LOL
krewzlo   +1y
Finally got all of the harnesses extended, just have to get the in some wire loom and buttoned up. Just have some final welding on the wheel tub and then need to do body work on the ds fender. That will have to wait till it is warmer out though. Only a few things left on the front. Waiting on my adapters so I can extend the control arms and bolt on some 3/4 ton hubs. Then on to the back. Waiting to pu the bed off until I bolt on the wheels to see what I need to cut and extend on the tubs and hips. Then I will take the bed off and start reworking the notch and suspension to lay out on the 24's. then get the fenders raised and such. It finally seems like I am getting somewhere again.
krewzlo   +1y
Got adapters finally, also picked up some 3/4 ton rotors and new wheel bearings. Time to start building extended control arms. Found out my rear fenders are not wide enough and obviously not tall enough. Want to get the front wrapped up first though. Besides some little things, pretty much just have to do the arms and related stuff, body work drivers fender and a new intake system. Getting close but yet so far away it seems. My winter job is slowing down so I have my evenings and some weekends to work on it. Now if it would warm up a bit, it would be great. Low of 5 degrees tonight and I am just about out of firewood, so no heat in the shop right now.
krewzlo   +1y
Started extending my control arms 3". I have one lower one extended and tacked up and the top one cut apart and made a temp jig to hold things in the right place while still bolted in the truck. Now I am working on building a jig to build total new ones out of some square tubing to be a bit different. Waiting on the bar ends to show up so I can start building them. Have adjusted the upper ball joint angle so it won't bind a stock balljoint when layed out. Will post up pics of progress when I get going on them.
tuckinuts   +1y
Are you doing them 1 1/2" per side?

Darrell
krewzlo   +1y
3" each side
krewzlo   +1y
Been finally making some progress. Got both lower control arms extended 3" per side, just need new ball joints and they are ready to install for the last time Will be extending the tie rods tonight and am ready to start building one off uppers soon. I have the stock one cut apart and in a jig to make the new ones. Hoping to have it back in rolling fashion very soon. I have been working on the front end off and on for almost a year now and just want it done with so I can move on to the rear. It seems like a never ending nightmare.

Still have to do body work on the front drivers side fender and finish the passenger side fender but need to wait for warmer weather for that anyways.

Finally got the pieces to build new intake system, unfortunately ordered the wrong degree bend on one of the tubes so have to wait for that to come in.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

My goal is to have it road ready by memorial day weekend, hoping and praying cuz it has been way too long since I have driven it.