Page 3 of 7
Dually Projects \  2000 Bodied on 24's

2000 Bodied on 24's

Dually Projects
views 14629
replies 69
following 23

krewzlo   +1y
Progress has been slow again, too many other things going on and when I am working on it, seems like time goes by too fast for what I get accomplished. Got the passenger fender starting to take some shape again, and have the drivers fender cut out and ready to start welding back together. Passenger wheel tub is 90% done, just need to finish welding and prep and paint. I am praying by the end of next weekend to be wrapped up with the fenders and tubs and start actually putting things back together and relocating stuff. I still have a bunch of welding and plating to do on the lca's and skid plate, but shouldn't take more than a day to wrap that up. Need to build new shock mounts as well.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
comegetsome   +1y
Looking good
tuckinuts   +1y
Coming out nice man. Gotta say, first time I saw Trevor's I liked the look of it.

Reason I asked if 2 1/2" cleared, I didn't know if the Accuride / AKW wheel not having the step down on the hump would cause any issues.

Darrell
krewzlo   +1y
I havent made much progress in the last few weeks. Been busy with other crap and really lost steam lately. It has been hotter than hell here and just cant get ambition to leave my house and air conditioning. It has been in the 90's quite a bit here and just is too hot for me. I prefer 50 over 90 anyday. Hoping tonight after dark to head out and get something done.
dzl1   +1y
Great progress!

DZL1.
comegetsome   +1y
90....come on man it stays about 105 here during the summer lol....and we have Gnats....what yall know bout that
calfboy   +1y
It was 105 here in the shade today..but hey it's a dry heat!
krewzlo   +1y
You guys can have that crap. I've heard that dry heat bs before, its still hot as a mutha. We are high humidity here in michigan so when its 90 and 90+ humidity it feels over a 100. I will take a 50 deg day over a 90 anyday.

I was able to manage to get a bit done the last few nights, got the frame reinforced around where I had to cut for the upper cups and tierods. Just a little more welding and some grinding and I will be about ready to put the pass side fender on for good, well at least until winter till it gets some final body work and paint. Then on to bodyworking the ds fender and get that sucka on there. Then I will feel like I am accomplishing something.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
dont fell bad krewz. i hate the hot weather as well...it sucks...

the truck is looking good... keep it up..
krewzlo   +1y
Finally got the frame welding wrapped up, put the bags back in the front and ran new airline. Put the pass fender on for good (well at least till winter to have it painted). All I have left is to relocate intake tube and air filter on the passenger side. Has anyone used one of these from spectre?

Still not sure if if the wheels will clear the fenders or not, so I may still need control arms but have to wait until I can afford the adapters to find out for sure. It will be soo close.

Need to finish wheel tub on drivers side, body work the fender, relocate all the crap on the ds and then I will be about done on the front. Had a goal of July 1st to have the front done, but not going to happen.