Page 1 of 7
Dually Projects \  2000 Bodied on 24's

2000 Bodied on 24's

Dually Projects
views 14621
replies 69
following 23

krewzlo   +1y
Figured I would start a build thread on my truck. I started with my 00 body dropped on 19's and now am growing up to a set of 24" Freightliner directionals with 255/30/24 tires.

So far I have been working on the front. On mine the skid plate under the oil pan stuck way below the frame rails so it has never laid out fully. I did not want to z it as my edc already is very close to the hood. I cut the bottom of the crossmember off and will weld in some 1/4 plate to reinforce it. I also trimmed the stock lower arms to lay flat with the rails. They also did not clear the frame right behind the airbag so I trimmed out a section of the control arm on top to clear that as well. My upper ball joints were binding so I heated up the arm a bit and bent them to get a better balljoint angle. I had to notch the frame for the tie rods as well.

Now it will lay flat on the 4's, but I still need to box everything back in and weld up everything. Next on my list is to tub the firewall and fenders. I am not 100% sure my fenders will clear the wheels or if I will have to narrow the track up front. I know I need to raise the wheel opening to clear the lugs, but not sure if they will clear the wheels.

I only have a few pics so far but will take more this weekend as things progress.
krewzlo   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
wide load c-30   +1y
Looking better already.
Will you still have a/c?
krewzlo   +1y
Thanks and yes. Don't have to modify much on hvac, Just the firewall side of the blower box.
big bear   +1y
trucks looking killer man
krewzlo   +1y
Thanks

Well i didnt make much progress this weekend. I did get the drivers side cut out and a piece to weld in for the tub made. Started to relocate wire harness where it goes through the firewall and ended up spending 7 hours cutting and extending all of the wires. Added 10"s to each one to make it longer to fit further up in the dash. There is about 75 of them and soldered each one, so about 150 joints. Ran out of butane in my solder gun with 7 wires left at 1130 last night. I was so pissed, just wanted to be done with it. I will be ready to weld the tub in tomorrow night though.
loweredd   +1y
How stretched are those 255s on the wheels?
wide load c-30   +1y
Not very stretched, pretty flush. I am running the same size up front.
krewzlo   +1y
Here are some pics of the progress. I got the drivers side tub welded in, ready to clean up and seam seal and undercoat. Cut out the inner fender to get ready for wheel wells and raising the fender lip. Not sure that the wheels will clear the fenders as far as width, right now, they won't, but hoping when I raise the lips they will. I really can't afford to get mmw arms right now and go to 3/4 ton stuff to narrow the track width. Need to make some brackets to hold the abs bs and am going to have to relocate the fuse block to the core support. Going to start on the passenger side tub tonight.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
jcampbell1180   +1y
Looking good, Homie.