Page 4 of 10
Dually Projects \  new kid in the neighborhood

new kid in the neighborhood

Dually Projects
views 16667
replies 97
following 22

iarodder   +1y
So today i get the 4 link but still no Valves, I'm wondering why its taking so long. I call and the guy tells me they are out of the valves, and i said " i thought you said you had the valves in stock when i placed the order" he says, we did 8 weeks ago but we are out right now. For the record my order was placed 8 weeks ago. So is it a suprise that im getting frustrated? So I could use some suggestions on alternative parts suppliers I only know of a few. Basicly I still need some fittings and some brackets, then i only need to go see my local steel yard.
jcampbell1180   +1y
I refuse to patronize "Minitrucker" businesses. I've yet to see one that has their shit together.
iarodder   +1y
the only reason i used their 4 link kit is it is extremely beefy (1/4" tubing), and in the past the other two kits i have ordered were here in two weeks or less? I guess since they got bought or changed names seems to be when the trouble has started. I'm not sure who to go to but I still need some more parts? I'm taking suggestions as far as who the D.S. members recomend to do business with?
jcampbell1180   +1y
Air suspension has become a pretty universal modification. You may have better luck going with a "street rod" type vendor. One thing about old guys and their cars...they don't put up with too much bullshit. You either sink or swim in that industry.

You can always try McMaster Carr or Grainger for valves. I'd be willing to bet it's all the same shit.
krewzlo   +1y
Guilty by design or unusualfabrication.com for parts.
iarodder   +1y
thanks for the heads up i'll check them out as well. I've been into hot rods for about 15 years so i know what you mean, it is hard to find places that sell the individual components that you can trust.
lophat   +1y

I can get them for you. How many you need 8?
I can get fittings airline...whatever.

What brackets you need?

3/8 alright?
Airlift manifold may be coming in this week too.

Email me.
" target="_blank
iarodder   +1y
^^^I've already paid for the valves i'm just waiting for them, thats what pisses me off. I bought the airline from Oreilly's and i have some of the fittings (bought a bunch form a buddy) just gotta wait till i'm building the truck to be sure what else I need but i will keep it in mind as I go along. Thanks for letting me know you can help out.
lophat   +1y

No problem, gimme a shout and let me know.
krewzlo   +1y
Dispute the charge with your cc company. That will get their attention as it will hold up their funds on your whole order until their investigation is over. You have way more patience than I do. I would have canceled the order if it didnt ship in 2 days. Dont sell something you dont have in stock or at least explain at the time of order that they are backordered and will ship on a certain date. A good company wouldnt charge your card for the items that wouldnt ship right away.