Page 2 of 10
Dually Projects \  new kid in the neighborhood

new kid in the neighborhood

Dually Projects
views 16669
replies 97
following 22

iarodder   +1y
Looking for recomendations for places to buy components or places to avoid. I know of SD.com, grantkustoms.com, gauge-store.com, and custom connectionllc.com. I'm planing on running a SD.com 4-link with my dropped spindles and cutting off 3" of the bottom of the frame. Just looking for advise on good places to buy components.
iarodder   +1y
so an update: I just picked up a 10 gal. air tank at work out of the bone pile for $40, i still haven't lowered it (i know i'm not makin any progress) but i'm buyin good deals when i find them. I think i'm gonna do a wishbone rear from suicide doors with bags over rear end. My biggest problem is i'm always workin on everyone else's junk instead of my own.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
welcome to DS man...

if your truck has a dana 70 rear end. the axle tubes are 4 inches round...

you will have to z the frame if you are going to cut the bottom off the frame to do the body drop...
79duallyc30   +1y
Love the 79!!!!! Man shame to see it go. Is what tit iz....welcome to the forum
iarodder   +1y
Thanks for the welcome, i've been around here for a while. I know i have to z the frame some, plan on cutting off 2"-3" on the bottom of the frame. But i've also got 3" dropped spindles, and i'm not going to run semi's. I'm stickin with the 16's but i'm going to run 225/60/16 tires so it will help some. Sparky your build is awesome it has helped me figure out a lot of unknown questions about bagging mine. There are a few that really caught my attention, like your's and poopskids. I'm going to keep scrounging for cheap stuff at work we throw away so much steel it's rediculous. I can buy it dirt cheap, it's awesome.
iarodder   +1y
So, here is a question. I'm thinkin about runnin 8 3/8" SMC valves with two 6 prong switches, one in the front and one on the rear. All i am after is front and rear no side to side or wierd crap just simple up and down. But would i be better off to run four switches for individual control for some unknown reason (in other words if something would ever go wrong) or keep it simple and run one front and one rear?
domer   +1y
your best bet is run 6 valves.. fill/dump setup for front left, front right, and rear.. run 3 switches and you can lift it and level out your front and the rear will always follow.. its the simplest and easiest way to setup bags..
comegetsome   +1y
thats how mine is setupo....running 6 valves like Domer listed but im running an AVS switchbox....later on though id love to switch to Accuair
domer   +1y
Accuair is the shit.. a guy in my club has a 72 suburban on accuair... its fuckin awesome... im waiting on the accujuice setup to come out for the truck im building now...
iarodder   +1y
What p.s.i. pressure switch is the norm for a york comp. driven setup, or what do you guys run? I'm ordering parts today or monday for my kit, just looking for ideas.