Page 1 of 10
Dually Projects \  new kid in the neighborhood

new kid in the neighborhood

Dually Projects
views 16659
replies 97
following 22

iarodder   +1y
Hey all i just joined the other day, i had a '79 gmc CCD slammed and i regrettfully sold it, fast forward to 2 years later and i just bought a '91 CCD. So an update, i just scored big time last night and found my old one at the local junk yard. I go today to pick up my old front end lowering kit off of it today. Sweet! Now all i need to do is get U bolts and some shackles, and a set of 225/60/16's and I'm back in business. Eventually i will be doing a SFBD and bags, but for now the 6/8 drop and the low profile tires will do. After looking at a bunch of rides on here i wish i would have finished the other one but half the fun is doing the mods.
someotherguy   +1y
Cool, so your '91 is still squarebody? Because both body styles (73-87 squarebody, 88-98 GMT400) were available. If your '91 is the newer body style your drop parts won't work on it.

Kinda weird feeling buying back your old parts outta the boneyard isn't it?

Richard
iarodder   +1y
It is in fact a SB. I lucked out. I e-mailed the techs at DJM where the front spindle came from and he said it was a go! So i huried and told the bone yard i wanted the front end before it was gone. That move saved me like $500 so now i need to round up the other stuff. I wanted a new body style but could not find one i could afford right now and this was a steal. I bought this one for $1400. almost rust free, two holes the size of a soda can in the rockers and thats it. Slamming it for now works but i want to bag it really bad. But my hot rod comes first.
iarodder   +1y
What is the o.d. of the axle tubes on the dually rear i don't remembeer from my old one. I need to buy the new u-bolts to flip the axle. Then all i need is the shackles and a set of tires and i'm good to go.
maxd   +1y
extensive metal works has u bolt kits
iarodder   +1y
i just figured that since i work at oreilly's part time i get a killer discount so i would buy u-bolts from there.
ec_dually   +1y
3 inch is the tube diameter..
iarodder   +1y
here is a pic of the old '79 that i just hijacked the front suspension out of,i sold the truck two years ago. I just found it at the local boneyard two weeks ago and bought the '91 last week, so now i have the front end out of it.
post photo
iarodder   +1y
So here's a question, I got a buddy I can buy a york 206 pump from and i found bags at work i can buy new dirt cheap($25) per bag. The bags are Good Year 2B9-251 double bellows, do these items sound like good choices for my doo-lay. I dont want anything fancy i just want to lay frame. I will eventually cut 3" off the bottom of the frame and box it in, right now i just thought i could buy things cheap as they come along. Thoughts on the bags for the rear, and the york? Also would like recommendations for the best options for the front bags, again just want the truck to go up and down nothing fancy.
mdub4life29   +1y
If ur going to run and edc York u want atleast the 209 which is the medium stroke. The 210 is ideal its the long stroke which will pump way more air faster. I would pass on the York and find the better 209. 206 is the worst smallest one available