Page 2 of 68
Dually Projects \  SFBD square with a Cummins and custom chassis

SFBD square with a Cummins and custom chassis

Dually Projects
views 109059
replies 674
following 60

leedogg   +1y
nice score for 1300 bucks! Looking forward to the build.
bagged dually   +1y
Well I haven't had much time to do anything ,but try to gather parts with all of the holiday festivities. I was wondering while digging through some junk yards if you guys had any recommendations on what type of vehicle I should look for some bucket seats in?? I've decided to run 4 buckets and a huge 1 piece custom console that goes the length of the cab. The seats just need to abundant in most junkyard, and not cost me 500 bucks a seat. Any ideas??
racedaddy   +1y
I have 97 Silverado seats in my truck but the 2000 model buckets have the integrated seat belts. There's usally trucks of those years in most junk yards.
bagged dually   +1y
Damn I want to work on my truck, but my girls a teacher and since her and our son are home for over 2 weeks I just can't seem to slide away for very long. I did manage to get most of my steel bought. I got out for a while today and got all of the AC and emissions junk stripped. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to the junkyard and look for a York 210. I've decided to go that route and just use my electric compressor I already have for an on board back up. Hopefully i can get the truck to my brother garage in the next few days and really tear into it.
bagged dually   +1y
I managed to get at least a couple of hours to work on the truck today. I don't have many tools where I'm living now, but I had enough to get the frame horns dropped and into to place well enough till it gets to my brothers shop to finish them up. I wasn't about to start trying to finish weld them with a Gas less MIG welder. It's good enough to get things tacked up for now though. I'll be so glad when I get moved and can get my tools back in my own garage, and stop having to work outside...
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged dually   +1y
Anyone have an old York 209 or 210?? I don't care if it need rebuilt or how rough it is. As long as it's complete with a V drive pulley and Air gap. Let me know if you have one or know of one in a junk yard in your area that I could buy over the phone and have shipped. I can't find one in any junk yard around here, and I'm way to poor for a new one.
bagged dually   +1y
I got all of my AC/Heater box off today and finally got ALL of the electric and vacuum stuff for the HVAC stuff taken out. I picked up the sheet metal to start shaving the holes left in the firewall tomorrow. I also went crazy with the pressure washer today. Turns out the front section is pretty clean once all of the grease is blown off.
After a lot of thought and discussion I ordered 2"x4"x1/4" wall steel to weld in the frame with the body drop. i had thought about doing 3x3 but I think 2x4 is the way to go.
Tomorrow I have a guy I work with that's supposed to bring me by an old behind dash AC unit out of one of his old hot rods. I'll post more pictures as soon as I get my firewall shaved tomorrow and get the new AC unit.
post photo
leedogg   +1y
Awesome Start! Looking forward to seeing more!
bagged dually   +1y
Well my buddy from work brought me my new AC/Heater setup today. it's been sitting in his garage for a few years so it's covered in dust and dirt, but should work well non the less. He also brought me a Billet controller to run it. His estimation was that it was about 5-10 years old but it still works great he said. Fits behind my dash perfectly, and the best part is I only have 50 bucks in all of it.
post photo
post photo
snookums   +1y
Trucks looking good. I have an 82' the exact same color. Keep up the good work and try to keep ahead of me so I can use all of your good ideas