Page 5 of 68
Dually Projects \  SFBD square with a Cummins and custom chassis

SFBD square with a Cummins and custom chassis

Dually Projects
views 109058
replies 674
following 60

bagged dually   +1y
The drive to the shop does really suck, but it's sooo much better than working on it outside in the grass.
mikek   +1y
I do got you beat turns out though. I am from miami and moved to enid to work. and i go home most weekends anyways so I guess that were i am going to go ahead and keep my project. so 207 one way and 207 back lol
bagged dually   +1y
I got a little done yesterday with the help of my little bro and a couple of neighbors, we got the bed lifted off. I thought everything looked pretty good with the suspension until I got the bed off and looked a little closer. Just looking at it and measuring I found a broken leaf spring and my rear end has shifted about 3/4" to the passenger side. From what I can see the rear end seems to have moved over due to the shackles and hangers moving on the bushings. I've never seen a rear end slide over like that before. Oh well it really won't matter once the 4 link is under there.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
bagged dually   +1y
Can anyone give me a recommendation on what steel stock to use for my link set up?? I'm gunna run a triangular link with the bags on the lower bars. I was thinking about using some 1/4" 2x2 for all 4 bars, but I'm not sure if that will be stout enough for the light towing I do. My little bro wants to us 1" solid round but that seem pretty wierd to me. Never heard of solid stock on a link. Any input?
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
i wouldn't use a solid bar. it will flex more than the tubing.

just buy the 2x2 .25" ... it will be stout enough..
bagged dually   +1y
I thought tubing was more rigid than solid stock, but I'm no steel stock expert by any means. Has anyone ever seen any kind of chart on the internet that shows the tensile and break strength of different sizes of steel stock??

Thanks a lot Sparky! I really hope things are looking up for you and your family. Been praying for ya brother.
bk2life   +1y
2x2 .125 (1/4) is very strong.

tell your brother top fuel funny cars dont use solid bars on their 4-links...
bagged dually   +1y
Well I got most of my steel stock now. Just waiting for some time to make some progress. Trying to juggle a full time job, an 8 months old son, getting a new daily bought, and making the 2 hours round trip drive to work on the truck has proven to be a fun task. Not to mention traveling to visit family and doing other things the girl plans for us. Anyone have some extra time I can borrow??
leedogg   +1y
I hear ya on the time thing. I work every other week offshore. Then have 6 boys at home. Always on the run it seems.
bagged dually   +1y
Well I'm headed to my little brothers house to work on the truck Saturday morning. The cab is going to be the first thing to come off. I don't have some big A frame or anything to get the cab off. What I do have is a run of the mill engine hoist. I've been rolling around the idea of building a jig to bolt into my seat mounting holes or my seat belt holes and lift the cab off with the engine hoist through one of the doors. Anyone ever tried this?? Any opinions on if it'll would lift the cab, or will it just rip the threads out and crease up the floor pans??