Diesels?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 6731
replies 37
following 11

dragnasty   +1y
I was wanting a newer 24valve Cummins
sooperspeed   +1y

Yeah that is the motor that can be a bit sketchy because of that damn injection pump. Although, I did see one of those 24v trucks do just under 700hp on a load style dyno......

HMMMMM, now you guys got me thinkin' about the cummin's swap again.... Oh well. Once I get the F350 on the ground, I think I better start preparing to sleep on the couch for a while. The wife isn't gonna like what I have in store.....
dragnasty   +1y
LOL! There arent many out there that dont care what you do to your truck...Im lucky to have one...she even has her own project truck...
sooperspeed   +1y

I hear that, I finally got her sold on layin my truck out and doing some mild stuff to her BMW wagon... I was told that I can't have anymore vehicles until one is paid off... LOL
kelly_s   +1y
cummins is the only way to go but they are massive and the b6t (dodge 2500/3500) weighs around 1000+ pounds.

they swap the cummins into a chevy in this mag. i read it a while ago and it was cool. i dont know very much about bags and the suspension in these trucks so i dont know if it can handle the weight. i personally would love to do this swap. the 12 vavle is the best diesel made and the performance can be amazing
diabolic kustoms   +1y
hey old post but a guy locally is selling motor mounts to put a cummins in the box style.
dorkydually   +1y
how much does he want for them, and did he build them or are they made by a company.

just as a note as i read this thread, i have sooperspeeds f350 now hes still a dually boy though. he wants a auto now(lazy ass)
gtmotorsports   +1y
The 12 valve cummins are easy to swap once you get mounts.I hear the wiring is a snap as they have mechanical pumps and the rest of the wiring is like a chevy..meaning the starter and alt. wires..nothing to crazy to hook up...I want to put one in my 65'dually.And as far as swapping into a 68' thatsno biggie..they have almost the same frames as the box(73-91) duallies.If you go to fordcummins.com(if they still are on the web) they are big into swapping cummins into ford trucks...I think thet have chevy cummins.com also...been awhile since i have looked at there page...I used to work for a diesel truck shop building and shorting dump trucks and when we would have a 12 valve cummins we would sell them for $1500-$2000 all day long so they are out there if you look hard enough you could score one for a good price.What i am going to try is looking at square body dodge trucks that are complete runners that i can buy running for a few grand and then i could yank the engine and 5-speed tranny.Then i could use the rear dana 60 axle in a jeep project.Then ill haul what is left to the scrap yard and get a few hundred bucks for what is left...hope some of this help some of you out...good luck....
diabolic kustoms   +1y
I'll find out a price this week
jcampbell1180   +1y
<---Felt a stir in his pants at the thought of a Cummins-powered square.

Oh, wait...yup...full blown boner now.