Page 2 of 4
Dually Engine \  Diesels?

Diesels?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 6732
replies 37
following 11

dragnasty   +1y
the 6.5 came in the 92(it hink)-2000 trucks. They use the same motor mounts and whatnot as a bigblock.
guilty by design   +1y
What am i looking at as far as the tranny? Most were automatics right?
low95xlt   +1y
yea most where autos
dragnasty   +1y
most but not all. The 6.5 will bolt up to the same trannys as a BB/SB. A turbo 400 would be cheapest/easiest
low95xlt   +1y
no shit same mounts?
dragnasty   +1y
pretty sure they are
sooperspeed   +1y
Ya know what I really want to do?

I want to take an old late 70's box chevy dually and swap a 1st gen Cummin's into it. The Cummins Diesel motors are just sooo bad ass, and sitting in a slammed box chevy dually would just make me smile from ear to ear....
dragnasty   +1y
we talked about doing that to mine with a 6spd manual behind it...only problem is that you would spend $6000+ for the motor and tranny
sooperspeed   +1y
Wait for a first gen cummins they put in the old Dodge square bodies they were going to charge 6k for the motor and tranny? Or is that the newer first gen? The engines up to 97 were awesome on reliability, but between 98-2001 they had that injection pump issue that scared me away from them all together..... Even a rebuilt unit is lik a grand, and the funny thing is you never know when it is gonna go. Some will last forever and some last 2 weeks. Bosch never did anything to fix the design.

Just the thought of cummins power in an old box dually laid out just sounds like the ultimate fun project. I am turning into a diesel geek though, so not everyone understands why I want to do the swap...
guilty by design   +1y
Im begining to think about just getting an early 90s model dodge crew cab dually that has been rearended or sideswiped and building ontop of that.