Page 5 of 8
Truckin' Magazine \  Photoshopped Cover truck

Photoshopped Cover truck

Truckin' Magazine
views 6186
replies 73
following 73

AirbagitAaron   +1y
Props to Justin and Chad on this truck. The photo editing may not be the best but regardless there was a ton of work put into this truck in a very, very short time. When Dan and Justin approached us with the build and wanted us to build control arms my response was...  You're doing what?? For the July Issue?? The photo shoot is  in 2 weeks?? The truck just went into the paint booth?? Are you nuts?? We had not built control arms for  2010 ram yet. The truck was tied up in the paint booth so i couldn't even measure it up. Justin brought me some stock arms to work with and we whipped out a set of control arms so Chad and Justin continue with the rest of the build. Putting together the control arms and air suspension system for this build without seeing the truck was work alone but once again props to Chad for putting the whole truck together in just a few weeks.
guiltybydesign   +1y

How it got on the cover really isnt up for debate IMO, the thing that gets me is that a mag would photochop a truck so it appears better on their mag. If they want to photochop in a cool background or half nekkid girlie fine but leave the truck alone. I cant remember how many times ive seen a truck at a show that was in a mag, walked over to it and noticed OBVIOUS flaws that werent in the mag. Its just kind of a letdown to know it wasnt as nice as the mags portrayed it to be.  Its like seeing megan fox in all these mags them meeting her only to see she looks more like michael j fox.....
Marbles   +1y

i have a big problem with stuff like this. the cover doesn't bother me, it's kinda unrealistic to think you could get all 3 of those trucks together for a photoshoot. but the other pics being photoshopped is an issue. if they have to photoshop it to be magazine worthy then why are you featuring it? and there's plenty of nice rides out there why are the editors calling up friends and having them build trucks just to be on the cover and then photoshopping them to make them look cooler then they really are? i dont mean any disrespect to the guy that built the truck it's nice, i dont understand why Truckin had to photoshop it to be lower. my Truckin subscription just expired and stuff like this and much more are the reason i'm not renewing it. i hope the people working there take this as a opportunity to learn from and better the magazine instead of just feeling like they need to defend themselves. maybe one day in the future i'll subscribe again

SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Better yet...just feature a rendering with interior shots and engine shots....and then never build the truck. If a truck isnt ready for a photoshoot...especially a cover shoot...whats the big deal waiting just a little bit longer to get it right and avoid any criticism?
sittin_so_low   +1y
Edited: 7/1/2010 3:54:53 PM by madmax95

i say its wrong, if it needs to be photoshopped, then they need another 'rea'l truck, where do you draw the line? " hey, you see the new so and so mag, everytruck has a lil photoshopped in it"    bottom line, dont shoot it if its not gonna be 100%, i dont care about why....  there are to many sicks trucks that can make cover to have one and photoshop it.. right? later
Brandan   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by RAduallyon4s Better yet...just feature a rendering with interior shots and engine shots....and then never build the truck. If a truck isnt ready for a photoshoot...especially a cover shoot...whats the big deal waiting just a little bit longer to get it right and avoid any criticism? --------------------------------------------- The problem was that is was for July issue and we wanted a red truck, a white truck and a blue truck and we wanted a Ford, a Chevy and a Dodge.    The last time we used photoshop to seriously alter an image was when we shot Project: The Show in bare metal at  and we had to make Dale and Aaron look sexy.
Slamitson   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2010 6:11:33 PM by Slamitson

He if truckin is down we can photo shop my framed on 22's chevy to be bodied on 26 inch billets....i want a feature  i can grind of my fresh candy paint to bare metal to get a feautre too if needed....let me know...thanks guys
Brandan   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2010 8:10:17 PM by Brandan

Can I grind it off? If so, maybe we can work something out. Bottom line on this truck: Does it tuck wheel on 26s? Yes. Did it tuck on the set of 26s that were mounted on the day of the shoot? No.Could we have waited a week to get a set of wheels with the right backspacing and shot the truck again? No.  The cover shot was already pressed to the point of being late. Being late costs us money. Dropping the truck and damaging the bodywork wasn't an option, and to run the photos as-is while telling everyone in the article that it didn't tuck wheel would have been a disservice to Chad, because it wasn't his fault. Besides, it would have lead to a forum thread just like this one. It was a lose-lose scenario.  
DeepSouthS10   +1y

I agree with the majority of the people on this thread on that photo shopping the trucks is lame. but, a magazine is a business and sometimes you gotta cut a corner or two to get the boss what he wants and make deadlines. not to mention, how many people that pick up Truckin are as critical as the people on this site? i would be willing to bet not that many.
Marcos_65   +1y
I don't know, I have seen a lot of nice blue trucks that are cover worthy.  And I am sure Chad wouldn't of minded if the truck would have been on next month cover.