views 6185
replies 73
following 73

phat phabrikationz   +1y
^^^  Well said
no1lowr   +1y
theres no bad press!

22below   +1y

I heard about this, and saw the bad chop in the mag when I got it in the mail.But after I read about the story of a phone call and then the guy goes out and buys a truck, I understood....
nautiquess   +1y

Well said Mr. Ward... Besides, never heard anyone complain about an issue of playboy... they are all airbrushed and photoshopped.
nautiquess   +1y

oh and that pic I posted was day before the photo shoot....
bigryan   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by nautiquessWell said Mr. Ward... Besides, never heard anyone complain about an issue of playboy... they are all airbrushed and photoshopped.--------------------------------------------- RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! but seriously people sometimes think some of the photoshops are so good they thing that shot actually is at that location, so i mean one Not so Great photoshop compared to so many people didnt even know any diffrence, seriously.. i can understand the Time Crunch editors go thru and i would have hate to have been the graphic design that had to do that photoshop in a matter of hours or days...
hitncry   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TruckinEditorDanWard ...we didn't add any texture to the ground because the perspective was off (two different photographers, two heights, two times of day, etc) and Rob, our art director wasn't happy with anything but a solid, one color ground. We tried dozens of covers.--------------------------------------------- Time crunch or not, that cover job was pretty bad for the worlds leading truck publication. As soon as I picked up the issue I was like "Seriously?" It was like there were layers missing.  Photoshop or other respective photo editing programs are an integral tool of all graphic design teams, but in this instance it clearly wasn't used to it's potential. Not trying to be overly harsh on the art director, but it's just one of those situations where people noticed. Hopefully next time it won't be such a crunch time, before stuff has to go to print.
RS   +1y

DEADLINES DEADLINES DEADLINES!!!
n2bnlow   +1y
I just saw this in truckin yesterday while @ wal-mart.  I KNEW it was photoshopped the second I looked at it.  i thought, how cheap.  oh well!
NCsteven   +1y

the back wheel is what gets me