Page 4 of 8
Truckin' Magazine \  Photoshopped Cover truck

Photoshopped Cover truck

Truckin' Magazine
views 6187
replies 73
following 73

nissandoordragger   +1y

the way i see it is if the trucks not done or ready for the shoot then it doesnt get shot im still lost as to how you got a cover shoot with out even having a truck yet
97hrdbdy   +1y
Edited: 6/30/2010 12:08:51 PM by Kmanuel

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by nissandoordraggerthe way i see it is if the trucks not done or ready for the shoot then it doesnt get shot im still lost as to how you got a cover shoot with out even having a truck yet---------------------------------------------what are you lost about? it says very simply, in the mag and in this thread, that the guy bought a truck so they could do this shoot
nissandoordragger   +1y

what im lost about is how he got a cover before the mag even knew what the truck would look like
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by nissandoordraggerwhat im lost about is how he got a cover before the mag even knew what the truck would look like---------------------------------------------

its just like the guy at the show who already knows he has best of show and trophies havent even been anounced yet, sometimes its who you know, and politics that come in to play, not saying i agree, but i dont think its fair when someone can just go buy a truck do what the mag wants to see and booom its on the cover, shouldnt features be about blood sweat tearz and late nights and showing, those are the guys that should be in the mags, no offense to the owner of the truck, i give him props for doing it all in 5 weeks, but dam some of us have spent years, and thousands of dollars on our trucks and we cant even get a feature never mind the cover, personally i think if they had used the real pics of how it sits instead of photoshopping them, there would have been less criticism, and it would have looked real, i wondered if i was tripping when i was like is that photoshopped and after reading this thread i know it is. Anyways congrats to all 3 trucks on the cover but i wish editors would look at the regular guys that build bad ass trucks and not big shops and companies that build trucks, many times i see trucks in the magazine and ask myself how did they get in, what are they doing here, and i go to shows and see so many better trucks that deserve a shot, but like i said in the beginning its who you know. !!!!!!!
puddin06   +1y

I bet you would be suprised at how many of those trucks have been offered a feature but the owner never gets back with the photographer. Or even the truck does get shot but not run for another year.
nautiquess   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by 4pumpedTLon20s---------------------------------------------Originally posted by nissandoordraggerwhat im lost about is how he got a cover before the mag even knew what the truck would look like---------------------------------------------its just like the guy at the show who already knows he has best of show and trophies havent even been anounced yet, sometimes its who you know, and politics that come in to play, not saying i agree, but i dont think its fair when someone can just go buy a truck do what the mag wants to see and booom its on the cover, shouldnt features be about blood sweat tearz and late nights and showing, those are the guys that should be in the mags, no offense to the owner of the truck, i give him props for doing it all in 5 weeks, but dam some of us have spent years, and thousands of dollars on our trucks and we cant even get a feature never mind the cover, personally i think if they had used the real pics of how it sits instead of photoshopping them, there would have been less criticism, and it would have looked real, i wondered if i was tripping when i was like is that photoshopped and after reading this thread i know it is. Anyways congrats to all 3 trucks on the cover but i wish editors would look at the regular guys that build bad ass trucks and not big shops and companies that build trucks, many times i see trucks in the magazine and ask myself how did they get in, what are they doing here, and i go to shows and see so many better trucks that deserve a shot, but like i said in the beginning its who you know. !!!!!!!---------------------------------------------I can assure you I am not a "Big Shop",  It was my work (me myself and I)  and my work only except the stereo. There were many sleepless nights getting it done, I joked that it was SEMA in April for me because of the rush rush.   Justin and I have worked together on numerous vehicles and we work well together, he has a plan and I know how to execute them.  My real name is Metal Asylum Kustom Finishes, but my friends call me Chad.
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by nautiquess---------------------------------------------Originally posted by 4pumpedTLon20s---------------------------------------------Originally posted by nissandoordraggerwhat im lost about is how he got a cover before the mag even knew what the truck would look like---------------------------------------------its just like the guy at the show who already knows he has best of show and trophies havent even been anounced yet, sometimes its who you know, and politics that come in to play, not saying i agree, but i dont think its fair when someone can just go buy a truck do what the mag wants to see and booom its on the cover, shouldnt features be about blood sweat tearz and late nights and showing, those are the guys that should be in the mags, no offense to the owner of the truck, i give him props for doing it all in 5 weeks, but dam some of us have spent years, and thousands of dollars on our trucks and we cant even get a feature never mind the cover, personally i think if they had used the real pics of how it sits instead of photoshopping them, there would have been less criticism, and it would have looked real, i wondered if i was tripping when i was like is that photoshopped and after reading this thread i know it is. Anyways congrats to all 3 trucks on the cover but i wish editors would look at the regular guys that build bad ass trucks and not big shops and companies that build trucks, many times i see trucks in the magazine and ask myself how did they get in, what are they doing here, and i go to shows and see so many better trucks that deserve a shot, but like i said in the beginning its who you know. !!!!!!!---------------------------------------------I can assure you I am not a "Big Shop",  It was my work (me myself and I)  and my work only except the stereo. There were many sleepless nights getting it done, I joked that it was SEMA in April for me because of the rush rush.   Justin and I have worked together on numerous vehicles and we work well together, he has a plan and I know how to execute them.  My real name is Metal Asylum Kustom Finishes, but my friends call me Chad. ---------------------------------------------

well just like in my original post i give you props since i am just like you , i run a one man shop also, i do everything here, and its just me, so i know how that feels, when i was referring to big shops i meant that in a general not specifically to this topic, but it would be nice for us small guys to get a feature or even a cover, that was my point, on your truck it came out tight and you did do a good job for the time frame, hell i cant even get my truck done with paint in 5 weeks been almost 7 and i still got about a week left, so props on that, it would have looked nicer for them to use the real pics of how it looked then photoshop then, since in one pic it does look real and it doesnt look bad, but oh well that was the editors choice, either way nice truck and congrats on the cover.
nautiquess   +1y

Thank you sir!! more to come soon... look out for the Metal Asylum take over....
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

Any pictures of the entire truck?  After all this discussion I'd love to see it!
nautiquess   +1y

Aaron, I will see what I got, didnt take much too much work no down time.  That was a pic I took to send to Justin to show him how low it sat bagged.  It is driving around though I saw it in North Phoenix.