disfiguredS10   +1y
JUST SAYIN
post photo
nautiquess   +1y

already been featured.
disfiguredS10   +1y
i know...i said just saying geez
woof   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by disfiguredS10JUST SAYIN ---------------------------------------------

Relaxin in So Cal 2009....I had a boner half the day because of that truck. 

post photo
post photo
ElCadillacKid   +1y
it would've been more badass if it tucked the 26s and at least laid frame.
TruckinEditorDanWard   +1y
Sorry I'm so late responding to the newer replies, I've been away from the office, but I do agree with most of you that Photoshopping a truck is not the best way to go.And trust me, we do our best to attend shows, find worthy trucks (no matter who built them or owns them) and run the top trucks as quickly as possible. I read a comment about using Photoshop to correct small flaws on trucks and you guys probably wouldn't believe how many times we get asked to "fix that dent" or "Can you 'shop out that screwed up roll pan" and the list goes on. Do we change colors, or swap wheels, or anything like that? No, not at all. But we do small things to make the truck look its best. Has anyone ever seen Maxim, the SI swimsuit issue, or Playboy? Come on, those chicks ain't perfect when they wake up.Also keep in mind, the camera hides a lot of flaws too.  The blue 2010 Ram in question was custom painted, was 'bagged, and was cover-worthy, it just didn't lay out the day of our shoot. Put yourself in our shoes: I had a crazy idea to do a red, white, and blue cover and we already had 2 really nice trucks and needed a blue Dodge to complete the cover.I called around all over country looking for a deserving Dodge that was blue (that hadn't been shot yet) and we couldn't find one. How many of you could go out and buy a new truck and then 5 weeks later have a truck that was done as nice as this one?I couldn't, I don't roll like that, but props to Justin for being able to. Props to Chad and props to Cardenal Car Stereo for meeting our insane deadline.  Herein lies the problem though, we had a deadline and we couldn't go past the deadline.The day of the shoot, the new wheels and tires went on and we were worried about damaging the fresh paint with the truck aired all the way down.End of story. In regards to the cover, I addressed this earlier, but we tried several different styles/looks/techniques and decided to make it the way it is now. Different photographers, different cameras, locations, lighting, etc, made for too many variables to make the cover look realistic.  I do appreciate all of the feedback and I do appreciate your support. 
JohnBoy99   +1y
Edited: 7/20/2010 3:06:55 PM by JohnBoy99

I don't want to get on here and start bashing or anything....don't like doing that to strangers.  I'll give respect to the builders and owner.  However, I used to be a dick when looking at trucks in the magazines....first thing I notice is the gaps and how shit lines up.  Like bumpers that never seem to be straight horizontally.  But now I have an appreciation for that because I know that shit is real.  Dan, I realize you guys need to get the mag out in a timely manner.  But in the future, I'd suggest you make your magazine magic not so obvious.  Because it's kind of like a Milli Vanilli effect...if they photoshopped that truck, what else have they done.  For the most part, I'll pick up any magazine that is truck related because lets face it, it doesn't take long to read one issue...so I pick up the Truckin every once in awhile.  I'll continue to do so.  But I'd try not to compromise your integrity to make a deadline. 

TruckinEditorDanWard   +1y
Fort Stewart, GA? That's right outside of my hometown of Savannah. Here is the cover in case anyone missed it. 
post photo
JohnBoy99   +1y

Yeah, Dan...I've seen your pic with that gay Bulldogs shirt in the mags.  Nice area, hate the friggin' heat.  Gonna back home to NY after I get the hell out of Iraq this time.  Yeah, I think the one with the wheel in the bumper was the big "no no" for some.  But good job on the rest of the mag.  About time to see The Show done and in print.  Still like it better without paint!
TwistedKreation   +1y

Yeah great issue as well I really look forward ti the Novakane build!