Truckin' Magazine
views 6184
replies 73
following 73

NaviGangsta   +1y
Edited: 7/7/2010 11:15:40 PM by loudciv

wow
gravity5   +1y

That is horrible, it looks really fake where the wheel meets the front bumper.
themadhatter83   +1y

And you would think, if they have a shoot out between all the trucks they would have the chevy and ford on some 26" s also and have the chevy be the newer body style! just my 2 cents
FXDGRND   +1y
Every few years truckin busts out a ride that has magic reshaping wheels and tires. This at least goes under the fender instead of notching in like that chevy a few years ago. PS has all kinds of tools now. Many people have been using it long enough to do this correctly. Or how about just build a lowered truck and get it featured instead of stock height and fake it. 
Jance Customs   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by SSM-Brandt---------------------------------------------Originally posted by tre5 Even bad word of mouth is still word of mouth I guess.---------------------------------------------Very true.  Keep em talking, good or bad, its all good. ---------------------------------------------Not always...
nautiquess   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by FXDGRNDEvery few years truckin busts out a ride that has magic reshaping wheels and tires. This at least goes under the fender instead of notching in like that chevy a few years ago. PS has all kinds of tools now. Many people have been using it long enough to do this correctly. Or how about just build a lowered truck and get it featured instead of stock height and fake it.  ---------------------------------------------It was for surely bagged, I built it  all but the stereo.  I had a huge deadline, 5 weeks (1 of which I was on a already scheduled vacation)  This is true time, not like on tv when deadlines are stretched and 20 people are working on it.   It laid out nicely, but the proto type a-arms were a little longer than they should have been and when it laid out in the front it would cause the fender to buckle near the door line... instead of looking like a big dent ...it was photoshopped.  It is fixed now.  I had a deadline, and when it says "Metal Asylum Kustom Finishes" it mean me, 1 person, huge deadline and still managed to complete it and keep up with sliding ragtop orders.  The following day after it was shot, it was off to the printers in order to make it for the july issue deadline. Dan did an excellent job on the pics,my specialty(paint) looks great in the pics.  Thanks, I hope this clears it up a little.. -Chad Andseron
nautiquess   +1y
Here is a pic of it on stocks, NOT PHOTO CHOPPED, you can tell from this pic that the 26"s would tuck nicely.  BTW the pic is from my cell phone, sorry so crappy
post photo
lovetigger88   +1y
Edited: 6/29/2010 8:13:55 PM by lilrob 63

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by FXDGRNDEvery few years truckin busts out a ride that has magic reshaping wheels and tires. This at least goes under the fender instead of notching in like that chevy a few years ago. PS has all kinds of tools now. Many people have been using it long enough to do this correctly. Or how about just build a lowered truck and get it featured instead of stock height and fake it.  ---------------------------------------------haha yeah just body drop it to the doors and there is no need to photo shop it lower.......  just giving a hard time the paint and truck look good for that time line,,,,,,,
Just_Robert   +1y
LOL! 
TruckinEditorDanWard   +1y
Yes, the cover is photoshopped, it's supposed to be.I can't magically make two trucks from PHX and one from Arkansas be at one photo shoot, so we combined them in photoshop. To Nick's point, we didn't add any texture to the ground because the perspective was off (two different photographers, two heights, two times of day, etc) and Rob, our art director wasn't happy with anything but a solid, one color ground. We tried dozens of covers. The "shootout" wasn't meant to be a real comparison, but rather show three really nice trucks from three manufacturers.   Chad is right about the deadline, I called my buddy Justin up and asked him if he knew anyone with a cool Dodge and he went out and bought one.We only had 5 weeks and did the best we could.The truck is 'bagged and tucks nicely, but we bolted on the new wheels the day of the shoot and we were concerned about fender damage and we only had a small window to get the shoot done, drive back home, and ship the issue off. That's why we did a little bit of liberal editing. The only shot that I'm not 100% happy with is the rear shot, but hey, it does look great in person. Everyone has an opinion on photoshop, and the truth is, everyone in publishing uses it.The blue Ekstensive truck was done with polar icecaps because that's what Bill wanted, and personally, I think it looks cool. Or should I say, thanks for shipping the truck to Alaska Bill and Mitch, it was a good time!Like I said, everyone has an opinion.  Thanks for all the comments about the issue, we worked hard to show you some really nice 'bagged and boded fullsizes.