threads
Page 3 of 5
Hydraulic Suspensions \  What happened to this site?

What happened to this site?

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 4697
replies 43
following 36

PFB   +1y
I'm older than most on here. I had my first mini truck in '88. I started out building by doing hydraulic tilt beds and z-racks. I eventually held the LRM truck hop and truck dance records for many years. I walked away for awhile to raise a family but I always seem to come back to the trucks. It's in my blood. This site used to it for the most part as the internet became mainstream. I guess I'm just a little disappointed it's not what it used to be. It's funny the economy hurt a lot of people and their builds but the economy is why I'm building again. My other businesses slowed down and here I am back where I started building trucks. This is how I got my money to do everything else. I never have forgot that. The seen will make a comeback as I'm confident so will this site. Trucks just aren't mini anymore and they definitely aren't cheap which makes it hard for the younger kids to participate. If you notice now the builds are bigger, better, and more well funded than when I was a kid. My generation is older and our kids are growing up. Now we have extra time to play with our toys again and we want the vehicles we had when we were in high school.... minitrucks (& fullsize) slammed on the pavement! Because of this the seen will always be here! My son will be driving soon and out of all the cars I own he wants my Dodge to get finished so he can drive it to school.
juicedwagon   +1y
Damn what a lucky kid, I wish i was driving something like that to school when I was younger.

Most kids are jumping on this import stance crap because its easy(most of the time) and all you need is sticky outy wheels and coilovers and your an internet god. I like the fact that some of the import guys are getting into the air ride and that is getting them to notice trucks and older cars that are on adjustable suspension.
YUH8IN96   +1y
I too come on here every day atleast once or twice and have been coming on this site since like 03. I dont have FB so i always rely on ssm to have badass build treads and tech tips, so its sad to see the site get less interaction than it used to have. but im going to do my best to comment on ppl threads when i can and i think if everyone else does the same that the site will be a better place like it was
sicsan   +1y
this site started going down hill when they changed the layout. pics are always hard to figure out how to post. for me it is anyways. also see alot of people say that. the old streetsource was awesome.....

pat burke----- anyone that messed with hydraulics for awhile know who you are and most the dancers you built. its ashame last time u were on here couple years ago someone that wasnt in minitruckin long didnt know who they were tallking to...YOU ARE THE MAN WHEN IT COMES TO HYDRAULICS........................... i also like the forum you started this post in hydraulic suspensions....
PFB   +1y
--------------------------------------------

sicsan said:

this site started going down hill when they changed the layout. pics are always hard to figure out how to post. for me it is anyways. also see alot of people say that. the old streetsource was awesome.....

pat burke----- anyone that messed with hydraulics for awhile know who you are and most the dancers you built. its ashame last time u were on here couple years ago someone that wasnt in minitruckin long didnt know who they were tallking to...YOU ARE THE MAN WHEN IT COMES TO HYDRAULICS........................... i also like the forum you started this post in hydraulic suspensions....

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for the props and respect. I think I have hydro oil pumping through my veins sometimes... Haha! I've been working on a adjustable coil over hydraulic assembly that we are testing now and is patent pending. It will completely change the hydro game and I'm confident you're going to see hydraulics make a come back. I've designed it to work on a lot of the newer imports as well as trucks to get the younger crowd back into adjustable suspension. The system will be able to run off of 12v and not require any extra batteries. Stay tuned it will be released right after the first of year.
spider97   +1y
sounds awesome pat hope they work on trailblazers cus i need some.

evereone in the car hobby goes thru this they said streetrodding was dead and the ratrod came and changed everything

lowriding died in the early 80s and came back stronger then ever in the 90s ( pat you were there so was i )

minitruckin seems like its slow at the moment but lot of og minitruckers are going back to simple bagjobs and static drops which will make the younger generation hop back into the hobby.

Uncle Fester   +1y
In chat now come say hi
seanb   +1y
Maybe it was just my computer or my connection, but I think this site was down for a LOOONG time several moths ago. You can't just take something like this down and expect everyone to return immediately. That was like throwing cold water on the whole thing. I think in that time people just went elsewhere for their automotive interaction. And absolutely, Facebook has put a dent in EVERY forum I've been on. Not just this one.

I like the specific content here better
juicedwagon   +1y
I don't remember the site being down at all, maybe a couple hours for maintenance but nothing longer then that. I do agree that it seemed like a number of people would always posting something negative about anything they could. I hope this site makes a comeback.
seanb   +1y
Hmm?, Maybe it was just my connection or something. I just remember getting errors every time I'd try to go to the URL. I'm talking over 2 months that I couldn't open the homepage. Weird.