Page 10 of 12
Build-Ups \  Dime Hoe 03 to NOW

Dime Hoe 03 to NOW

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 14895
replies 111
following 34

droppedmitsu   +1y
Sweet build, love the bumper! It looks much better than the modified setup, congrats!!
jaredmxg   +1y
Thanks guys. Yeah i was never really happy with the factory one, and I don't have enough plastic forming skills to have modified it. The metal is much more solid and if you do sheet metal work I would highly recommend getting a Shriner / stretcher, that saved a tun of time, and the overall quality of work was much better. I am putting some hrs in on the dash today while I have the time off. Right now I'm trying to figure out the driver side with the gauges.
jaredmxg   +1y
So far this is what I have. It's a little crude, but after its all cleaned up welded out and the top cap is made it will look good.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
leydbck   +1y
Looks good. It looks like a cleaner version of a first gen dash
jaredmxg   +1y
Wow, I didn't realize its already been a month since I have posted. I have been working on the dash quite a bit, but I was gone for 10 days out of July. I am also excited, I just bit the bullet and ordered all the Vintage Air AC stuff from summit today. It really wasn't to bad, though I wish I would have kept all of my stock stuff. That's the price you pay when you are young and dumb. As soon as all of the parts come in, I will be able to Finish cutting the vent holes and the AC controls.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
22below   +1y
Looks damn good
jaredmxg   +1y
Quick update, no pictures, sorry. All the A/c parts have arrived and they look great. I will post pictures some time this coming week. I have also picked up some pretty cool Led Backlit Rocker Switch's for the headlights, compressor, rad fans, and stereo. They are 12$ on amazon if you are in need of something like that.
post photo
post photo
post photo
guiltybydesign   +1y
mmmmmm, dat dash
leydbck   +1y
Probably one of the best looking steel dashes I have seen. Can't wait to see it in the truck. I like those switches,
jaredmxg   +1y
Thanks.
I am pushing to get this truck done,or at least painted, with the interior finished, ASAP. I have had some cup holders I am trying to integrate into the dash but was having a little problem making them fit and flow at the same time. I think I have all the figured out though.
Currently mostly all of the major wiring is done, I just need to pipe the ac lines into the cab so I can secure the rest of the factory harness, inside of the cab. I will post up what I have some time tomorrow.
Stay tuned.