BEWARE!!! Dotlow rides horrible work

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 5511
replies 83
following 60

butler145   +1y
Edited: 12/13/2011 11:08:31 AM by butler145

Edited: 12/13/2011 10:40:10 AM by butler145

Well I took my truck to Dotlow rides an Aftermath member cause he said he could bag my truck with a 4 link plus some other small stuff. He said could be done in 4 weeks. 6 weeks later he had just completly dismantled truck and done no work. Well long story short he took 6 months to finally get started on it after repeated lies saying he was working on it and promised he would have it done or was working on it but come to find out he never was. So 6 months later he started and promised be done in couple days. 3 weeks later he stopped answering calls or texts. So had to show up at his house to get my truck and he wouldnt even come talk to me had to get his mom to come talk to me. She said he would meet me at his shop at 6pm to give me my truck. Got there at 530 and truck was sitting outside his shop with him nowhere to be found. He was to scared to even show up. So Had to get my truck towed home on a wrecker cause it was incomplete and wouldnt hold air in bags for more then 5 min. He did crappy work! pretty much the worst welding i have ever seen it was a cheap and week looking 3 link. the tabs welded on to the axle were only welded on one side of the brackets. The wishbone was crooked the way he welded it onto the axle. The notches he made for the frame were crooked and smaller then the frame itself and he used lots of little pieces of metal to make the notch to fill all the holes in it. He only completed half of what he was suppose to do and what he did do was wrong or messed up. When he was cutting fenders out of truck he cut through to the painted side and messed up the outside of fenders. When he mounted hood back on he scratched top of fender all up and left hood rubbing the fender and didnt even align it after repeated opening and closing rubbing all paint off fender. The whole truck is covered in metal slag from grinding and welding which then had rusted into the paint on the truck. So whole truck is covered in rust spots now.And he stole my license plate flip down bracket for my truck and my airline to my train horns. I could go on forever about how bad this individual is.

long story short he caused more damage then good. And every thing he did do was so crappy that it is having to be all redone now. Everything he did is being redone. And he took my money i paid for a deposit.

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/butler145/dotlow%20rides%20damage/

So beware of Dan of Dotlow rides. guy with the bagged and bodied purple dodge
metal worx inc   +1y
ouch, sorry to hear that bro.
pickle   +1y

post photo
butler145   +1y
Thanks!!! ill keep telling it till it gets around
pickle   +1y

Drag23onu   +1y
just wondering.... have you ever seen the work he's done before?
butler145   +1y
seen stuff he said he had done or supposedly did. it looked alright. I was just wanting a simple 4 link suspension. and he had nothing else going on at the time. he just chose not to do it. and when he did he just stuck stuff on and welded. im glad it leaked air and wouldnt stay aired up cause if i would of drove it the rear end would of probably came out from under it and cause even more damage.
Drag23onu   +1y
who's gonna fix it now?
IMLOWER   +1y
you know im the one who built his truck he daily drives :)
Drag23onu   +1y
Edited: 12/13/2011 12:45:34 PM by Drag23onu