Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  front air bags wont lift s10

front air bags wont lift s10

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1122
replies 5
following 2

ram raider   +1y
I need help! I currently have an s10 that ive been workimg on. I purchased it with an older air ride suspension. After bringing it back to life after being parked for 8 years the final hurdle is getting the front air bags to work. I went through the system and added a new compressor, new valves and re wired the system. it has 2 3 gallon tanks andThe system is only 2 switches rear bags work fine and the front actually inflates the bags. It just seems like it lifts the front about 3/4 of an inch, so its still basically on the ground and not driveable. The valves operate fine and the dump releases the air when i hit the switch to lower. Not sure what im doing wrong. I actually removed the bags from the a arms and witnessed them inflate and deflated on demand, just seems like they're not strong enough to lift the front.
Post was last edited on Jun 16, 2017 05:06. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
It is possible that the bags don't supply not enough force to lift the front. What size bags are they?
ram raider   +1y
Firestone 2500 bags. Seems like its 3/4" line tgat plumbs the rear and 1/2" line upfront. I have a viar 380 compressor and 1 3 gallon and 1 5 gallon tank plumbed together.
post photo
baha   +1y
So you have two switches for the whole system, one for up and one for down?

What psi are you inflating the system to?
baha   +1y
2500 bags are on the small side but should work.
Page 1 of 1