Page 4 of 16
Build-Ups \  Project "Back to Skool" my old high school mini rebuild

Project "Back to Skool" my old high school mini rebuild

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 9773
replies 153
following 52

bagged95s10   +1y
Braved the 28* temp. and went to the shop this morning. Got one door welded completely inside and out and most of it metal finishedWelded up fender and made a piece to graft into center instead of looking for another fender to cut up.

Also scored a nice bed and tailgate to start fresh with.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged95s10   +1y
Finished welding up everything from the sectioning and started the painfull grinding and metal finishing of all the welds. This is gonna take a while but I got a lot done this week. One more day and I should have it all ready for body work

Thinking about ditching the dual hinge suicide kit and goin with autoloc's mono kit but damn that mother f'er is pricey. Havin issues with window track and lower hinge pocket. If i move the hinge in it will prob fix issue but will make door close to outter skin when open em so I don't know Also got the rest of the firewall removed, gotta run a few braces in cab and then the floors next gonna try and lower floor as much as possible using 2x3 rails from front clip back tying into the mandrel bent rear section I got I'm gonna remove about half the rocker also Headroom is getting scarce n a hurry Anyways here's a few pics and if any body has a frame table for sale hit me up if not I guess ima build one Fender section smoothed in and outFirewall removedInner door welds metal finished Frame cleaned up just need metal and table
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged08   +1y
Edited: 2/1/2012 5:47:04 PM by hardluck13

Going to look sic when finished. Has anyone ever ditched the stock flares / lower body line and smooth it all out? I've never seen one done.

baggedmitsu   +1y
awesome build!
cdime   +1y
little shop did on their blazer with the toyota front end
bagged95s10   +1y
My buddy Big Mark fixed me up with a frame table that "fuckin" Brian made at E. 4th St. Kustoms. Thanks homies

Now I get to start on this frame and build a new floor for some extra head room.

Also got my plaques n from "In The News". Turned out nice.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
jetts   +1y
very sick!
bagged95s10   +1y
Edited: 5/3/2012 6:04:21 PM by bagged95s10

Did work todayAdded to rails for a SFBD. Fish plated inside and plug welded for a seamless joint.

Marked body mount locations

Out with the old and in with the new!

Got to graft em into the front clip and then add the radius corners and box the back end. Then suspension time!
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
4drbdblazer   +1y
def. using a table on my next frame looks good
BIGJEFF64   +1y
damn that is lookin real nice