Project "Back to Skool" my old high school mini rebuild

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 9774
replies 153
following 52

bagged95s10   +1y
Edited: 5/4/2012 1:38:40 PM by bagged95s10

Mo pitchersThat's all folks

Next time i should have the front clip reshaped and grafted in and everything welded and metal finished
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged95s10   +1y
--------------------------------------------

RELLIMNEB;494748 said:

Great update!

Swapmeet;494804 said:

Sweet build.

Thanks guys, it's almost to a point where I got something to show this summer.

Here's some pics of tying the front clip in. a little grinding and smoothing and it should blend in nice... You can't tell but the sides are overlapped to the front clip using 1/4" HR plate and plug welded inside. Should be plenty strong...That's all for now Hope to finish passenger side next and start on frame horns and body mounts

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
jspotmcd   +1y
Thanks a lot for the compliment on my bumper =D I built that bumper 6 years ago, and still get asked questions about it. Both of your trucks are awesome. I cant wait to see the Section finished, hands down one of the craziest mods out there. Keep up the good work.
bagged95s10   +1y
So I been kinda busy with work, family stuff, vacations, and shows but I finally got some time to do a lil work. A lil grinding, welding and some more grinding. The transition turned out smooth..just as I planned which is good lol. Gonna get some more supplies tomorrow and spend all day Wednesday on it. Should have all the welding and smoothing done and be ready for body mounts and suspension next time. Here's a few pics along the way.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged95s10   +1y
Finished up the rear and got the passenger side transition done Re-shaping the spring pocket/a-arm mount for a smoother look, gonna plate it up and just leave the area for the bolts to pass through My plasma skills Movin metalThats all folks
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
droppedmitsu   +1y
Looking badass, loving this build and taking notes.
bagged95s10   +1y
Worked on the frame a lil more todayGot the a arms mounts smoothed out, passenger transition smoothed, jigged up steering placement and then removed the front clip, ordered some frame curves like I used in the rear gonna make the front sweep down and around like the rear and fab up some mounts for idler arm and steering box Then a few busters rolled up with beer and that pretty much ended all progress lol
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged95s10   +1y
Small update. Started building the outside rails for my body mounts

Then Dustin brought his dime up for someFirewall Action
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged95s10   +1y
Building my front frame clip. Try and have finished pics of tonight

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bagged95s10   +1y
Got a lil more done. The front end is all welded out and needing a ton of grinding and then the steering mounts can be fab'd. Didn't have the material I want to use to build the steering mounts so that was a good excuse not to grind. Got one rail made for my cab mounts and installed though. Till next time....
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo