Page 4 of 4
Body work and Paint \  waterborne paint

waterborne paint

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 3263
replies 34
following 17

1SICKCANYON   +1y
I used basf water and worked awesome. Was kinda thrown in to being a painter at a new shop and it helped a lot. Went from being a helper to spraying 7 cars a day no problem. My biggest worry was things being splotchy. And n the end everything flowed out very nice!
richarotchie   +1y
Edited: 5/7/2011 9:44:35 PM by richarotchie

JIMMY really.....dont think the paint was the problem......probubly not the smartest thing to say when you need to finish it......wait till trevor gets wind of this...... now you know why your not painting my truck..... cause a owner of business shouldnt be behind a desk talking bad about his customers........
AZ ARTWORX   +1y
--------------------------------------------

richarotchie said:

Edited: 5/7/2011 9:44:35 PM by richarotchie

JIMMY really.....dont think the paint was the problem......probubly not the smartest thing to say when you need to finish it......wait till trevor gets wind of this...... now you know why your not painting my truck..... cause a owner of business shouldnt be behind a desk talking bad about his customers........

rich i dont know what u got from the post but my post was about how i did not like waterborne paint dont really know why ur getting upset ....these are all the same problem that not only i but alot or painters have expressed. doesnt mean that they cant be use to come up with a nice end result by me or anyone else i just found i had to fight with it and really did have the time to do so during sema....so dont know what set u off but then again i am not u and i dont see thing how u do
sik_kreations   +1y

sickntwisted said:

sik_kreations said:

its actually faster to use water if ur setup. its sprays better when u get used to it. ive used sikkens, ppg, matrix, dupont and a few other brands of water. alot of guys who spray water around here dont want to switch back.

which brand did you like best?

sikkens and ppg.
tntmaz   +1y
been using Awx from Sherwin Williams for a couple weeks now and after the initial bitchin and cryin i got the hang of it and its not as bad as i was hearing.....cut ins are a little bit of a pain in the ass but color matches are much closer and as long as you got good air flow it dehydrates pretty damn quick, it aint solvent but it is what it is