threads
Page 5 of 5
Build-Ups \  Rebuild of my Acura TL, full chop roof, 12" cut windshield, and no more lambos!!!!!!!!!!!!(they suck

Rebuild of my Acura TL, full chop roof, 12" cut windshield, and no more lambos!!!!!!!!!!!!(they suck

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2200
replies 48
following 21

airbrushcav   +1y

nice work any more pictures?? JAYS CUSTOM AIRBRUSHING
idrgbdy   +1y
front end is badass!
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by low99mazlami is easy to cut....you just cut both sides along the same line then make it "run" actually breaking the glass...then you can either use a razor to score/cut the lamination/plastic in between the glass or light the seam on fire and let it melt the lamination enuff to bend the glass apart at the cut then cut the lamination. The hardest part is to not get any "oysters" or chips along the edge of the cut---------------------------------------------sounds easy but its really not, i called alot of custom hot rod shops, and none guarantee it wont break, and allwanted at least 600-700 to do it, i found a guy in the bay area who did it for 500 and he has been building hot rods for 20 years and cutting windshields for that long, and even with that much exdperience it cracked when he first cut it, so thats why we cut 2 more inches off, so the concept of doing it is easy but trying not to crack the windshield is hte hard part. and ive seen others cut and they are not straight on top, thats why most people put a molding back on. but i didnt want a molding on top, and the cut had to be perfect.
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by airbrushcavnice work any more pictures?? JAYS CUSTOM AIRBRUSHING---------------------------------------------well no more pictures just yet, spent a few days in LA getting somre moreparts for it, thanks to ALSA who is sponsoring me on the paint, thats one less thing to worry about, TIS is making me some 22s right now, so i have to pick those up in 2 weeks, but today i will start taking the lambos off the front, and suiciding the rear doors. ill post some pics soon as some more work is done. thanks everyone for the positive comments.
low99maz   +1y

O i know its not easy to do i have been a glass technician for 6 plus years.......even flat lami cut go wrong on you!! Any good glass man will not warranty a cut becuase glass is so inconsistant.....easy to cut easy to f up...haha. Car is lookin really good
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y

update: we started body work on fenders not complete, still need to mess with body line, and hit other fender, but here is a rough idea of how they will look, also i finished capping the first door and it came out nice so going to hit the rest of the doors, in a few days 
post photo
post photo
hutch82   +1y

hey what happened to this thread I was watching this one alot and all of a sudden it stopped.    Anyways I am looking at starting a new project and I really want to push my custom body work and welding skills.  Thats what i do for a living but a different type of work.  I would like to do alot of custom work to a car so your have no clue what the car really is like this car is gonna be.  Is there a forum, site or even a name for this type of project?  I have followed this forum for years just never really posted just look at the shows and pics.  I am looking for other cars to get ideas of what to buy for a project car and ideasany help would be awesome thanks guys HUTCH
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y
Well as far as the build i had to take a break on the car because i re opened my shop and have been real busy with getting everything situated still in the middle of getting it all done i hope to have it up and running by the end of the month at which time i will trailer the car over here and get back on it the goal was danger zone but not sure if its gonna happen ive been so busy working on customers cars that i havent had much time to work on mine but with the new shop i will be back on track and having more room helps im real tight in my garage so soon as i get back on it i will post some new pics thanks for the intrest
seamlessz24   +1y
Any progress of this?