Page 5 of 37
Build-Ups \  OEM Terror...Our '09 SEMA project

OEM Terror...Our '09 SEMA project

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 27425
replies 367
following 131

fknlowjeep   +1y

some top notch looking work!  Keep it up and good luck!
98L150   +1y

looking very nice. cant wait to see some more progress onthis one
pickle   +1y

definately hooked on updates on this one. keep up the good work.its gonna be badass...
pickle   +1y

any updates???
Pacificustoms   +1y

I have to slow down on some of the photo posting.  Street Trucks is going to run complete tech articles on both the front and rear suspension using the factory shocks and all wheel drive.  You'll be able to find out all of the parts we had to use, modifications that had to be made and the steps we took.  I can post a few photos to show we're moving in a foreward motion I just can't go into detail in the front area.    I can say, we won't be using this anymore...  Second framerail being welded together:  It's a big one: Rear lift bar:  New lower bars with some flare to them:   Rear upper bar, it's funky but it has to clear the floor:
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
IMLOWER   +1y

where did you get the metal inserts to hold the bar ends whle building the links i need a set of those bad in a few different sizes
Pacificustoms   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by IMLOWERwhere did you get the metal inserts to hold the bar ends whle building the links i need a set of those bad in a few different sizes---------------------------------------------I machined the pieces from solid aluminum.  They work great!  If you don't have access to a lathe you could probably make some up out of tubing and large washers, or plate cut to a washer shape. 
mindlissmetalfab   +1y

I just lasered some out of 1/4" MS. Those aluminum ones are nice though. But yeah the simplest way is to cut 2 mild steel pieces, I just did mine 1/4" thick and it works well. One cut to the ID of the tube - 0.01 and one cut to just under the od of the tube. Run a full thread bolt through and have 1 nut to clamp the 2 washers together and 1 nut to bolt it down through the jig.  
lowoh4   +1y

There you go again, with the pics Robbie... You know what I'm talking about... Knock it off! Hahahaha....
BOYETT   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by PacificustomsI can say, we won't be using this anymore... --------------------------------------------- So are you using a front diff and oil pan from a Trailblazer with a 5.3L to gain clearance and still have the AWD?
post photo