Page 6 of 37
Build-Ups \  OEM Terror...Our '09 SEMA project

OEM Terror...Our '09 SEMA project

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 27537
replies 367
following 131

AVTekk   +1y

This is going to turn out real nice, good work fellas.

Pacificustoms   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by BOYETT---------------------------------------------Originally posted by PacificustomsI can say, we won't be using this anymore... ---------------------------------------------So are you using a front diff and oil pan from a Trailblazer with a 5.3L to gain clearance and still have the AWD?--------------------------------------------- You're on the right track.  I can't disclose what all it involved, it'll all be in the Street Trucks article though.  We didn't use any parts out of a trailblazer though. 
post photo
Pacificustoms   +1y

Ok, so we got some more goodies done.   Here are the lift bars.  There are tons of hours in these things!      This is a mount for the upper bar.  It's probably over-kill and we still have some more to add to it. Its fully welded inside.  The main tubes tie everything together and register everything.  Everything is fully welded around those tubes and boxed in. Then the end is capped off and the bolt hole gusset is in the same piece.  Then the entire part is boxed in.  The main tubes also go through the stock frame and the frame/notch we built and will be welded on the outside of the frame as well. Here's what it looks like tacked in.  We're still going to add some more lateral support pieces. 
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Pacificustoms   +1y

We also got some RBP grilles installed.  We got a plan for these two also:
post photo
post photo
Just_Robert   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Pacificustoms---------------------------------------------Originally posted by IMLOWERwhere did you get the metal inserts to hold the bar ends whle building the links i need a set of those bad in a few different sizes---------------------------------------------I machined the pieces from solid aluminum.  They work great!  If you don't have access to a lathe you could probably make some up out of tubing and large washers, or plate cut to a washer shape.  ---------------------------------------------They save you so much time! And you can weld you bars without tking out the bushings.
pickle   +1y

very nice work!
4pumpedTLon20s   +1y

looking very nice, you make me want to cut mine up right now. lol
post photo
mindlissmetalfab   +1y

Looking sick so far.
pugz   +1y
damn this thing is gonna be sick
Pacificustoms   +1y

Been working like crazy around here.   This is a mount on the rear for the lift bar and shock.  The lift bar goes on the side with the extra bracket and then a machined spacer will be welded to the other and the shock will bolt to that side (more pics of that in the future).   Here's the crazy pannard bar.  This thing was a real pain to build...  It's not flat either, which added a bunch to the difficulty  The pannard bar is so crazy because we were running out of room to stuff everything under there.  The upper bar actually runs through the hole (I have to give credit to Max, he was the first to do it on a truck, I just used the idea), that way the bar can be as long as possible to allow for the 10 inches of travel with very minimal side to side movement (about 5/16 of an inch at the maximum).  Here's how everything looks stuffed in there: 
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo