Page 9 of 14
Full Size Truckin General \  78 Bronco-

78 Bronco-

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 10301
replies 131
following 47

AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

Looking great!  Is the first bronco to lay body? 
fknlowjeep   +1y

not the first bronco, there are a couple of newer ones laid out on ssm, and an early bronco being built (also on ssm).  But perhaps the first 2nd gen?
bigjon   +1y
Have you tested the turning radius it looks like it will work from the pics?   looks good
fknlowjeep   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by bigjonHave you tested the turning radius it looks like it will work from the pics?   looks good---------------------------------------------it turns pretty much lock to lock without hitting right now... which is good, but i want the extra lift to get a somewhat stock looking height when up. why aren't you at work slacker?
bigjon   +1y
have you considered something like this josh?  mustang 2 clip http://www.welderseries.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=423
bigjon   +1y
Edited: 1/7/2010 4:02:50 PM by bigjon

they come in different track widths and are all set up for the steering rack,  or suicide doors makes a really nice one http://www.suicidedoors.com/-63-87-fullsize-chevy-parts/p-47-63-87-fullsize-chevy-raised-crossmember-combo-kit
mjavy7   +1y

^^^ cool option did not know that that was available in a kit like that.Josh good progress.
fknlowjeep   +1y

Thanks Javy! Jon- thanks for showing that stuff to me a-hole, lol.  now i want to re-do the front AGAIN. lol. I think  if i "lower" the z, i will be able to gain a couple more inches of lift, as far as the steering goes- i would prefer to use a rack but budget is restricting me on anything cool for the moment.  
2droppedchevs   +1y

no changes?  lazy ass!
fknlowjeep   +1y

lol, not enough for me to want to bring it up yet, lol.  I've had some pieces laser cnc cut for re-z-ing the front (reinforcing gussets) and some custom sized tabs for the rear cylinder mounts, but haven't been able to do much since the bronco got moved to storage.  i am working out the details to get an oversized 2-car shop for almost nothing for rent and if i am able to work that out it'll be on like donkey kong!  i am also trying to get some front cylinders coming my way to get the front operational.....  i'm piling up the parts and planning a bronco siege.......  until then- nothin sorry.