Full Size Truckin General \  78 Bronco-

78 Bronco-

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 10261
replies 131
following 47

FCKNLOW   +1y
Edited: 10/8/2009 11:34:09 PM by FCKNLOW

you might be able to find a used Sweet Mfg rack cheap if you look around. alot of late model (dirt racecars) use them very few nights and replace them. you might be able to find one cheap that away. ebay/race shop/swap meet    i can keep an eye out for ya if you let me know how much you wanna spend.  my dad has a race shop and we get alot of new and used parts coming in and out.
SIKaltima   +1y

that body looks sick as hell on there man! keep up the good work!

fknlowjeep   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by FCKNLOWEdited: 10/8/2009 11:34:09 PM by FCKNLOWyou might be able to find a used Sweet Mfg rack cheap if you look around. alot of late model (dirt racecars) use them very few nights and replace them. you might be able to find one cheap that away. ebay/race shop/swap meet    i can keep an eye out for ya if you let me know how much you wanna spend.  my dad has a race shop and we get alot of new and used parts coming in and out.---------------------------------------------Thanks for the info, i'm gonna check it out right now.  As far as how much I want to spend, at this point i have no idea.  I haven't done much research yet so i don't know what would be my price range.  I'm trying to build on a budget (without sacrificing quality)  you have an idea of what a used unit should go for?I dunno if I will go with the OJ idea, lol, but we will see HAHA. Thanks for the comments guys.
OutkastWagon51   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by BORDERBASHyou need to paint this bronco white.. i put it not "oj" on your plates lmao.. looking bad keep up the good work man---------------------------------------------LMAO.. Back in the day I always wanted to build a white one of these. I was going to juice it and call it the juice is loose!
FCKNLOW   +1y

a used manuel rack would be around 50-100 that would be the cheapest way. a used power rack with tank, lines, and pump will run about 350-450 this would be the best way!
msturg   +1y
at one point in time I wanted to do the 90's style bronco and get a sticker for the back window "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" Body looks great on the frame man, I desperately need to get back to work.  You have a show in mind that you plan to debut it?  Or at least the first show you plan on taking it to?
fknlowjeep   +1y

Matt,  I will probably go with the manual rack for now, gotta save my pennies as much as i can right now   I've started looking around online- we have a corvette/high performance swap meet coming up sometime soon, i will probably check it out.  Let me know if you come across a used one...  I appreciate it. Mike,  I haven't picked a show to debut it yet, I probably will when I have an idea of when the bronco will be road worthy.  We don't have a lot of big shows in our area, just several smaller shows, they are still decent shows, but small. I would like to take it to a large cali show or one like tex mex or WCN.  But that will have to wait until i get all the bugs worked out and i'm comfortable with driving it long distances. As an update-  The bronco has been moved down to my work so i can utilize the lift for mounting the body which i will start working on this week.  I have to cut up the factory frame first though because it is in my way.  Then next on my list is finishing the front suspension, fixing the pinion angle, and mounting the hydros.  <-- getting ready to load the Bronco to move it to my work.  Thanks Rob (and his dad) for the use of the trailer.  Also thanks to my dad, brother, Rob, and my buddy Jess for helpin me move it.  It was a tight fit and took us like 5 tries to get it in there without damaging the trailer.  And as you could imagine, it was loads of fun without functioning steering or even a connecting rod to hold the wheels straight, lol.
post photo
post photo
FCKNLOW   +1y

ok i will let you know!  send me a pm if you find one.
fknlowjeep   +1y

Well it's been a couple of weeks since i did anything.  Sad, I know.  But last night i got the body mounts ready for install... <-- had cut and cleaned up 4 identical plates for the hoops, made sure to stitch weld the insides as well, may not be necessary, but adds to peace of mind. <-- fully welded, ground, and flap disked, i think they turned out pretty nice. <-- all four of them, and our liquid motivation  <-- and the little but tall piece of machinery from Heaven to make tonights work a hell of a lot easier!! Last night, prepare body mounts---> tonight mount the body!!
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
blazin94   +1y

very cool...nice work