Page 5 of 14
Full Size Truckin General \  78 Bronco-

78 Bronco-

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 10200
replies 131
following 47

BAGGED 68 FORD   +1y

That's goint to be one sick a$$ bronco. Finally! I was starting to get tired of seeing lifted ones only. Keep the pics coming.
fknlowjeep   +1y

oops!  here we go- now the pics should work, lol.  Hopefully.
FluffyFreak   +1y

cant wait to see it donw man. imma chevy guy to the bone, but its always cool seeing other trucks hooked up too!
fknlowjeep   +1y
Thanks for the props everyone... hopefully i won't disappoint
fknlowjeep   +1y

Few more pics... <-- try and imagine a wheeltub goin almost all the way up to the window.<-- look at all that yummy grease!<--keepin her 5 lug, granted chevy 5 lug- but 5 lug none the less, lol.
post photo
post photo
post photo
fknlowjeep   +1y
Edited: 8/25/2009 11:44:07 AM by fknlowjeep

Didn't get much done this last week either, i degreased and pressure washed my control arms and spindles last night.  Got started on building the upper link bars.  Planning on getting the frame a rolling chassis this week.   <-- one of the 300's i have for the bronco<-- i've degreased the hard way before and didn't want to again <-- They actually came out pretty clean- I used Purple Power, cheap and effective. <-- Just a start but upper links.   Sorry for the boring pics and update for the last couple times-  should have some more exciting pics and info when i update next week.  I'm also tired of the blurry cell phone pics, i'm gonna go dig up my digital camera, lol. And I decided i'm selling my Pro Hopper rear kit, I intend on purchasing a Hydroholics 2 pump 6 dump setup in a couple of months.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
fknlowjeep   +1y

Ok, so i got to work on the front suspension for a couple of hours last night-  Got the upper control arm mounts mostly done. The frame spent the last couple of weeks sitting outside and we had a couple of days worth of rain, so needless to say some quality time with a flap disk is now in order  <--started to paint 'em up, pressure washing took a lot of the paint off.  And although i don't care that much since these are only temporary, i don't really want a bunch of crappy looking rusty parts under the hood <--started laying everything out and marked everything.  Double checked all of my marks and measurements for wheelbase and track width.  I also kept the chevy x-member sitting around so it could be used for reference and measurements. <--Built a pair of these guys so the upper control arms would essentially mount the same way they did on the stock crossmember keeping that funky ass tilted-back angle.  These also space the uppers out enough to keep the bushing ends from resting and rubbing on the frame. <-- here's the money shot of the upper mount welded on the frame, now all that's left to finish them off is some gusseting and some clean up.  I had a better pic of it, but i fucked it up when i was trying to make the pic smaller to fit on here.  Oh well next time.  The upper mounts are going to just get cut back off at the point that i'm ready to go tubular, i'll mount the uppers different. i can't wait to get the front all done so i can move on to the rear! thanks for lookin-
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
fknlowjeep   +1y

Gettin there, slowly but surely- I'm gettin there.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
ga,mazduh   +1y
Man it looks good. Boy r u gonna have fun with the steering linkage .... But I'm sure u can handle it!!! Keep up the good work
fknlowjeep   +1y
two things i'm dreading=  STEERING AND BRAKES, both of which i'm sure will be the most fun parts of the build, or something.  LOL
post photo