Full Size Truckin General \  78 Bronco-

78 Bronco-

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 10302
replies 131
following 47

fknlowjeep   +1y
Edited: 11/4/2009 4:42:58 PM by fknlowjeep

thanks for the props. I didn't get to welding up body mounts last night, but will be tonight.  Look for more pics tomorrow.  and if anyone is interested- i have 103 pics of it on my myspace and a buttload of my supercab too. what do you guys think is more important after getting the body mounted-  1) fixing and finishing the front lower control arm mounts/crossmember or 2) steering? I'm torn about which to do next... Thanks for any input. AND-  moderators- should my thread be in the build up forum?
fknlowjeep   +1y

<-- here is a perfect shot of the negative camber even when it's up.  which is why i'm redoing the crossmember and all that fun stuff... couple of wrong measurements got me full time tire wear  <-- thought this shot was amusing with where the rear wheels are dangling, lol.  <-- started installing the body mounts.    now i just have to grab some bolts and my bushings and then i can move on the the very rear mounts and the core support mounts. so i didn't get as much done this week as i have hoped, but still feel ok about the amount of progress. next time (probably sunday)  i am going to work on some mounting ideas for the rear hydraulic cylinders and try to finish the body mounts.  
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bodydropped85   +1y

fuckign awesome. tag should say "JUCEMAN
bigjon   +1y
UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   just kiddin 
fknlowjeep   +1y

hey everyone, haven't been able to work on it much in the last month.  but i did work on it for a couple hours last week and again on this past sunday.  I'm planning on putting in a couple of hours on it tonight, so i should have some new pics up later tonight or tomorrow.   As an update for now (JON, lol) the body is actually bolted to the frame now, both front fenders are bolted on and the core support is sorta in, lol.  I need to finish the frame horns so i can bolt the core support down too.  tonight i am bolting up the door hinges so they aren't just sitting there, lol, and am going to start working on the rear cylinder mounts. check back later for pics!
fknlowjeep   +1y

ok so i haven't worked on it yet still.  dammit.  but i will be at least 3 days next week starting sunday. here's some of the more recent stuff....       
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
fknlowjeep   +1y

Here are a couple more recent pics, the only thing i've been able to do in the last couple of days is bolt the door hinges and doors up, it was a lot more of a pain in the ass than i remember.  I'm hoping to pick up my engine/trans on saturday or sunday..... <-- not quite to the doors but close
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
justpball   +1y
Bad azz bro, I love it!
fknlowjeep   +1y

Thanks! Here is a small update ((sorry no pics)): I have welded on the lower hydro mounts for the rear- waiting on bushings to do the upper.finally have a plan for the control arms to fix the camber issue and the location of them front to rearstarted (and then stopped again) the frame horns, going to go about it a little differently than originally planneddesigned in CAD my pump mounts- those will be laser cut soonstarted rattle canning the bronco black (just for the hell of it- i know it will have to be sanded down again)- i just didn't want to look at the baby shit yellow anymore, lol.i pick up my engine and trans on new years day (390 with a 4 speed)I need to figure out the steering still.... if anyone has any suggestions. i was planning on trying to make some mounts to use the factory rack style, but then changed my mind to use a rack and pinion.  But then now kinda want to just keep it simple (and lower budget) and just use the factory chevy rack setup.  But am unsure about how they mount on factory chevy rails in the first place.... any input would help. oh and now i have to move the bronco to my storage unit (45 minutes away) which means that i will be working on it less frequently again for a while. damn.
fknlowjeep   +1y
Edited: 1/7/2010 1:52:46 PM by fknlowjeep

Yeah yeah, i know rattle can black will all have to come off when i actually go to paint it, or even prime it, but oh well. these are some pictures from the last week.  i cut off the uca mounts and the lca mounts/crossmember and bolted the factory chevy arms to a factory chevy crossmember, positioned it and welded it in.  This fixed a couple of issues i was having, plus got me a couple more inches of lift (although still not enough) I will have some more pics in a few days. dismantled original setup torched off uca mounts  pile of parts  torched off original lca mounts and crossmember spacer plate starting assembly on factory chevy crossmember finishing assembly fitted in place, will need some cleanup work but having this done allowed me to move the bronco to my storage unit until i can find a shop of my own front sits about 2" lower than the rear and tucks about 1 1/2" of tire still  thanks for lookin! 
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo