Page 15 of 15
Ford Trucks \  Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6120
replies 146
following 57

bgdhrdbdy   +1y
just read all of this and it is really a shame... you said you were deployed so i am assuming that you are military and if so i would advice you to see your jag officer as well they may actually be able to get more done then anyone else because as a deployed soldier you have some different things that are in your favor that they would be much more familiar with...
carlos
bigmike@gauge   +1y
Im surpised John hasnt been on here with a update. I know hes back in the US and actually made the trip himself to pickup the truck, chassis, & "engine" from this scam artist of a shop. He was in Indy on the 10th to pick it up. From the info I recieved from John about truck it looks like the gave him a bunch of used mis matched engine parts, The body of the truck was "fucked up" , rear hatch was broken, He mentioned having to start from worst than scratch. He mentioned he would be pocting pictures soon when he messaged me on the 11th.
lamo1   +1y
Hello all, I am sorry, it has been a rough time home and wanted to wait till after my daughters 16th Birthday party before I went to Indy, just in case shit happened. I am actually back in SWA returned to deployment and I have just been crazy as soon as I got back and to add the jet lag. Any way I will work on getting some of the pictures I took posted as soon as I can, I cannot do it from work, because adding an external media to a Govn computer is not allowed.
as BigMike mention, yes I got down there, and I actually him 2 weeks prior to let him know I was coming for my truck and parts, he asked me to give him some time, and being I was not going down there till after the 8th I told him i will see. I called the shop the day I was on the road heading down there, and told him I would be there tomorrow the 10th, asked him what time he opens he stated around 0900. he again mention that the chassis was not together and that he will try and have it together to move, because he took it apart to send to the powder coater. I called Jim from the shop, while I was sitting there ready to pick up, I received no answer and i called him at least 6 times, I finally called the Sherriffs office to see if they can help and they were no help to me at all, they mention i needed to call 911 non emergency and to get a lawyer, I then called BigMike to ask about a lawyer and he let me know he has one, but in on the other side of where I was, he told me to try calling him (Jim) from a pay phone, before I got to doing that Jim finally called, claiming that he was in route and if I was there as yet. I told him to check his phone that I was there since 0900, and he also has one of his guys do a drive around, because I saw the truck and watched him looking to see who was there.

what I got was my truck in worst condition than I dropped it off in, the bodykit was broken, My rear hatch glass was broken, the hatch door was damaged, he moved my lambo hinges and welded some sort of bracket, that now has my fenders not fitting on the truck, the body mounts look like crap, the front ones are also to high, the shock mounts look like shit, the welds are herrendous and that hurts because of the work Brian from Illusive put into the chassis. None of the upper control arms were fully bolted on, the the cutouts for the front tubs, I had to try and fix in my garage, the body was not bolted down and I am hoping to show all of this in the pictures. I had previously sent the build sheet for the engine, which i have paid for and was stared in 2007, he claims that he had the engine built and then apart to go to the powder coater, yet all i got was a peice of shit engine block, that looks like it spent years outside, the heads were to be A;luminum dart heads, the heads i receive were used and cast iron, with a big 302 written on them yet I was building a 351 stroked to a 432. The sharts were used, the crank and the pistions are the only parts that looked somewhat new, beig they wer in a bos and still wrapped. was slated to get a Tremec tranny 5 speed manual, yet I received a used T5 tranny and a used Aluminum drive shaft.

I know you are saying why did I take that shit, it's not a copout, but all I want to do was get what I had left of my truck loaded onto the trailer and leave. I did not want any shit, or was i looking to get into anything with them and that shop. I called the FBI, the proscuters office, the State police, the local Police and non of them wanted to assist, the DAs office did send someone over to the shop and the advise I received from them is that this is a civil matter and that I should get a lawyer there was nothing they could do. They are the ones to advise me to write a letter to the shop and tell them that I do not want the to work on my vehicle anymore and that I will be collecting the vehicle soon. I did check off the parts I received, and made Mr. jim Shaffer sign the document and date it stating that I did not received all the needed parts that was paid for. Mr Shaffer stated that he will get the parts and send them to me, I laughed and told him I know that is not going to happen. he sweared that he really wanted to finish the vehicle, but the new business parthner (Daniel) showed no interest in getting the job done. Told him that was bull shit, because the work is paid for, so it should have been completed.

I will get some of the pictures I took with my phone onto the site as soon as I get some time. I was looking to have Eric at SaKustoms finish the tuck for me, because we have spoken in the past and I have seen his work and his shop is also close. I was to get this truck to Eric almost a year ago for him to add some other touches, but I spoke to Eric via email and at this time he is not going to be able to finish the truck for me, too much going on and it just will not happen. If anyone knows someone in the NEPA area who is reputable and can do the job to show status or even NJ closer to NYC and will not hit me over the head like I have already been please let me know. am also willing to advertise and have the shops name on the vehicle along with the board to display at shows. Let me know. My email address is lamo1@aol.com or my cell in SWA is 011965-6687-5797.

I will get the piscture loaded soon.
slammedxonair   +1y
Man that really sucks to hear, I don't even know what to say other than I wish I had the room and time to just finish the truck right.
dailydraggn   +1y
i want to see pictures!
lamo1   +1y
Hello, am at work, but trying to see if the site will let me write. I have been trying to respond and post the pictures with no luck. Its funny, I have been calling back the shop to confirm my thoughts that I will never see the rest of the engine parts and as usual no answer. took the parts I got from them, and the only part that maybe of any use is the block, the crank, rods, pistons I was told was all crap. if this email goes through I will send the pics I have when I get to the room. Cannot find anyone local to now finish the truck, so it's sitting in my garage on 2X4s
lamo1   +1y
Dave, from After-hours fabrication, you had mention you were in Jersy and that you maybe able to finish the truck for me, are you still interested in doing so, and if yes when would you like to get the truck? I would also like to get an idea of what it will cost to complete the work. Thank you and standing by.