Ford Trucks \  Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6161
replies 146
following 57

lamo1   +1y
SORRY TO SAY THERE ARE NO NEW UPDATES.

the engine shop is taking forever to get things done, being deployed is also not helping, because I am unable to go to the shop to make sure work is being done. I got a few pictures the other day from the shop, and it looks like my chassis has been sitting outside with no one working on it. (CHASSIS SHOWED A LOT OF RUST) maybe surface rust, but it did not give me a warm fuzzy as if its being worked on like the engine shop is telling me to get it to the powder coater. It has been since before July it was suppose to go to the powder coater and it has yet to make it there.
dakotahq   +1y
Hate to hear that man...I'm really looking forward to seeing it done.
slammedxonair   +1y
Yea I was really hoping the truck was going to make it to Dropt N Destroyed this year. Theres always more shows and next year.
lamo1   +1y

Yeah, I know.  Brian I am really thinking about asking you to go get the truck and dod what you can. I did speak to the engine builder and told him that I needed the truck to be at the Dropt N Destroy show in october in Ohio.  I know the body will be jacked up because i have not been able to get the tuck back to get it to the shop, but my hopes is to have the truck there with the powder coated chassis and the engine and drive train fuly installed and running.  I know its a pipe dream, but i am on the verge of just calling it quits and dropping my dream.  way to much going on over here to have the build on my mind and the feeling of not being able to accomplish/finish what we started. Be safe everyone and keep dropping and building what you love. be safe 911
sakustoms   +1y
Hey John, what's up? Hope you're safe bro.

Brian did a great job. Sucks to hear about the engine shop.

I sent you an email. Drop me a line whenever you get a chance.

Take care and be safe. Thanks for everything you do.

Eric
lamo1   +1y
Edited: 11/30/2010 1:03:00 AM by LAMO1

Hello all, have not been on for a while because I have nothing good to report. The chassis still never made it out to the powder coater even as I write this message, all I am getting are excuses after excuses, so not making it to the powder coater also means it never made it to Dropt N Destroy in Ohio. thank you eric, yes you are on point Brian did a great job on the chassis. I just spoke to Brian early this morning trying to see if he will be able to go to Indy and take the chassis apart and get it to the powder coater for me. B will let me know being its starting to get busy for him and also the Holidays around the corner. If no progress is made the project may just be cut short at the shop. Sorry for the bad news, but I guess you cannot build something with certain shops if you are not there to over see you work and thats ashame. The truck will be finished sooner or later, I was just hoping for sooner.

Be safe everyone, keep building and have a Safe Holidays.John.
bigmike@gauge   +1y
John, I sent you a IM. Let me know if there is anything I can do here in Indy to lend a hand. Thanks!!!
lamo1   +1y
BigMike, What was the outcome?
lamo1   +1y
Hello All. I hope everyone had a great Holiday. I just wanted to give an update on hat's going on. now the engine shop does not even answer the phone, and it appears that they are gone with my money, my truck, and my custom built chassis. I have been calling them for over a month several times a day, the one time they answered they told me that Jim was sick and that is why I was not able to reach him. BigMike when you read this post can you please give me a call. I have a majic Jack line so it is a PA phone number. The number is 570-484-5525. Anyone in the Indy area who is able to stop by the shop location and give me some feed back will be greatly welcome. the address is 685 E Murry street in Indy. So it looks like I may be never to get this truck on the road, yet even get it back or the chassis.

Be safe and keep building with reputable builders.
John.
slammedxonair   +1y
Hey John, I emailed this thread link over to Mike for ya to see if he ever heard anything back. I can't believe they have pretty much wasted an entire year on this build. An idea when you will be back in the States?