Page 13 of 15
Ford Trucks \  Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6158
replies 146
following 57

bodydropped97   +1y
i work 5 min away from there, i'll stop by after work and see what i can see!!!
layd88   +1y
holy hell
Marcos_65   +1y
That sucks. I hate reading stories like these. Hope someone can help!
bodydropped97   +1y
Well, stopped by there after work tonight. That place is just as ghetto as I remember lol. The way the lot and shop are set up it's really difficult to see anything at all. From what I could tell, they're still in business, but I saw no signs of your truck. There was something under a tarp but couldn't tell what it was. Couldn't see in the shop at all. May try to stop by tomorrow and se if I can get a look inside.
bodydropped97   +1y
Talked to my pops tonight, he works at o'reilley as a parts delivery driver and delivers to that shop quite often. I told him your problem and he's going to try and get you a good number for Jim or Daniel? So maybe you can contact them. But before he does that I'm just gonna say fuck it and go in there during lunch tomorrow and tell them that I'm one of your friends and you asked me to stop by and get some idea of progress since they wont answer your calls. Hell what's the worst that could happen, old man Jim gets mouthy? I'll find something out for you, I promise.
slammedxonair   +1y
Thanks for the help it is very much appreciated. We used to have Jim's cell number but I'm not sure if its still good or not. I have not talked to them in probably a year maybe a couple months after I shipped the chassis to them about setting the body up and the air ride. I know John has talked to them maybe a couple times since then and we got a couple pictures but from what I understand he has not heard from them in maybe 6- 9 months maybe? I'm sure he will chime in later tonight or tomorrow morning since hes on the other side of the globe right now.
bodydropped97   +1y
No problem at all Brian, I'll try to get by there tomorrow Nd find out what the hell is going on. If not tomorrow, definitely early next week. If I may ask, who recommended taking the truck there to have the work done? Around here, that's known for being a shady place. When I asked my pops
About them, he said that they won't even give them a credit account, they're a cash only delivery.
slammedxonair   +1y
John had the truck there getting a motor build. Then found my shop had them drop out the stock chassis and sent it to me to take measurements off of for the custom chassis, I built it and shipped the new one back. They were supposed to mount the body, do some wheel tubbing, drop the chassis and have it and the new motor powder coated and put everything back together and ship it to the paint shop by March 15 of last year.
bodydropped97   +1y
stopped by there during a test drive after lunch today and talked to Jim. He apparently had a heart attack in december, and according to him, he is the only one that is capable of doing the work that needs to be done. My visit went in no way how i expected it to go, he was very courteous and willing to show me everything that has been done. all of the parts are still there, the body is back off of the frame and he said he's currently starting to make battery mounts, but its been slow going since he got sick, and he's just now starting to feel better and regain his strength. They are also having a power problem in the shop, has everything running off of a small generator. the power failed twice while i was there, lol. everything is inside now, the wheels are being stored in an upstairs room so nothing happens to them, all of the suspension is there as far as i could tell. snapped a few pics on my iphone but i have no idea how to get them to you. he did give me a phone number for you to call thats actually Daniels number, he said that was pretty much the only reliable number he had. the number is 317-752-9879. he promised me that the truck would get done now that he's starting to get his health back, but ............. you know how that kind of stuff goes lol. he even asked if i wanted to help him, when i told him what i do. if you have anymore questions about stuff i may have left out, feel free to call or text me at 317-874-6060.
slammedxonair   +1y
Thanks for the info and taking the time to stop by, but there is a still large gap of time before December that is unaccounted for. Can you email me the pics from your phone to brian@illusivefabrications.com Thanks.