threads
Page 5 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  what do you guys think about slam bags??

what do you guys think about slam bags??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2552
replies 45
following 36

mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Edited: 7/8/2009 3:24:10 PM by iLLblazer

Diameter, Max Useable Stroke, compressed heights and load capacity are the determining factors for selecting a bag, not how tall is the air bag at 0 psi.   
97hrdbdy   +1y
Edited: 7/8/2009 4:20:19 PM by Kmanuel

Called Slam Specialties and Air Lift D2500 is same class as 2500 firestone and re6 slam bag
tuckinlugs06   +1y

this is where im geting the info on the dominators...im looking for bags for the front of my dually and have the max dia to work with is 8 1/2 " b4 it would rub anything ...and thats only aired out ...but the only bag i have on hand to mock up is a re7 ...and looked into the dominators because they claim to have the most usable stroke .. http://www.built2railmagazine.com/joom/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54:new-dominator-series-air-spring-from-airlift&catid=50jdaudio&Itemid=57
tuckinlugs06   +1y

i would like to run the re8's but 1/4 on each side is a little room for movement if any...pro end up just using the re7's or the dominators just cause they are a little bit cheaper
NOTLONUF   +1y
how do the dominators compare to slams?
thacru78   +1y

WHenever I break my frame apart for paint ima put re-7s in the front of mine...I currently have re-8's...due to my low ride height...the pressure in the bag is kinda low at ride height so the ride is a lil more spungy than I like...so ima go with the 7's hoping to get a higher psi at ride height...which should stiffen it up alot more. Right now my truck rides best at about 5 inches off the ground...which is 100 psi...compared to the 75-80 at the current ride height. The suspension locks up at 140 psi anyways so lift is not a concern...I have had experience with all bags listed...and Slams are the only bags that do not balloon...I thought the Dominators ballooned more than any of them. IMHO