threads
Page 4 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  what do you guys think about slam bags??

what do you guys think about slam bags??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2580
replies 45
following 36

mindlissmetalfab   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TuckingLugs05and built to rail did a tech on them ...they say the airlifts get 10.5 lift at 80 psi and slam says 11" on the re7 witch they dont say the psi--------------------------------------------- The slam site says at the top of their chart, "force at maximum stroke (80psi)" so the hieght at maximum stroke would also be rated at 80psi, and thats 11".  
Jimburban   +1y

---------------------------------------------I cant find any technical specs on the airlift site for some reason.However the numbers you are talking about dont seem right. I had the D2500s in my car, and they definitely ballooned bigger than an re6, which is the comparable bag. I believe you are comparing the dimensions of a D2500 to an RE7 which should be compared to a D2600. And I know guys that are cut for RE7s have less clearance if they switch to a D2600.  ---------------------------------------------

Theres where your wrong. The D2500 is comparable to a SLAM7 and the D2600 is comparable to SLAM8

loudciv   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Jimburban---------------------------------------------I cant find any technical specs on the airlift site for some reason.However the numbers you are talking about dont seem right. I had the D2500s in my car, and they definitely ballooned bigger than an re6, which is the comparable bag. I believe you are comparing the dimensions of a D2500 to an RE7 which should be compared to a D2600. And I know guys that are cut for RE7s have less clearance if they switch to a D2600.  ---------------------------------------------

Theres where your wrong. The D2500 is comparable to a SLAM7 and the D2600 is comparable to SLAM8

---------------------------------------------ummm.... so they dont make a bag comparable to an re6 / firestone 255c -2500 (probably the most common size of airbag in adjustable suspension). that doesnt make sense to me.  
Jimburban   +1y

Nope they dont.
loudciv   +1y

sorry man, but i dont believe that.

mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Edited: 7/8/2009 2:46:51 PM by iLLblazer

Edited: 7/8/2009 2:46:02 PM by iLLblazerso they called it the d2500 why then? LOL. Pretty sure you are wrong dude.  RE6 replaces Firestone 255 (2500)                     Goodyear 2B6                     Contitech 2500 RE7 replaces Firestone 224  (2600)                     Goodyear 2B7                     Contitech 2600 It would stand to reason that the D2500 and D2600 are named as such to be in the same class as those other bags with the SAME NAME?? makes sense so me. The goodyear numbers 2B6 and 2B7 are the old air lift numbers, which the Dominator series replaced. 
Jimburban   +1y

Thats fine, we can go back and fourth for 1000 pages. It all personal opinion.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Edited: 7/8/2009 2:48:03 PM by iLLblazer

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by JimburbanThats fine, we can go back and fourth for 1000 pages. It all personal opinion.---------------------------------------------No its not.  Thats like saying 2+2=5 is a personal opinion, when really, its just the wrong answer.
loudciv   +1y

relaxed the d2500 diameter looks pretty comparable to a re6 to me...   jdaudio&Itemid=57" target="_blank">http://www.built2railmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54:new-dominator-series-air-spring-from-airlift&catid=50jdaudio&Itemid=57
Jimburban   +1y

looks like the d2500 is an 1 1/2" taller than the slam6. post a pic of a slam7 next to the d2500