threads
Page 3 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  what do you guys think about slam bags??

what do you guys think about slam bags??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2581
replies 45
following 36

twistedsdime   +1y

I loved the slam bags I had on the s10. Daily drivin for 3 years and not a slingle problem at all!
IM_SAYIN   +1y
Edited: 5/19/2009 8:44:02 AM by IM_SAYIN

Edited: 5/19/2009 8:43:26 AM by IM_SAYINslams are all ill use forever... i live in fresno ca, and did some tub work on toms fullsize, one of the owners trucks. he invited me down there to see how they are made. its crazy how they make them, all hand made for the most part, not thru some damn machine. They will replace any bag that fails that wasnt your fault (rubbing something, too much PSI etc...)  hopefully ill be working down there soon... =) had a set of slams on the front my truck 4 years, and i bought them used from a shop when i first bagged my truck, so they were prolly like 7-8 years old and they never failed me.  and when i did the back, i had 4ply 2600 contis w/ no shocks and it was like a sea saw in the back, threw on some slams and it rode like a dream, and got atleast 2 more inches of lift, and with shocks on it rode perfect.
tuckinlugs06   +1y

whats the specs on the slams and the dominators...i have used slams ...but need to buy some for the new project..so looking into the aitlifts..if not then its slams...does the dominators get the same lift as slams?
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

I will never use anything else. I have used Dominataors and Firestones in th past but love the Slams!
Jimburban   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TuckingLugs05whats the specs on the slams and the dominator's...i have used slams ...but need to buy some for the new project..so looking into the aitlifts..if not then its slams...does the dominator's get the same lift as slams?---------------------------------------------The Dominators get about an inch more lift than the slams. Since the Dominators have came out we will not use another bag because of he excellent ride and the best lift in the industry.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y

Dominators baloon a little too much for my liking, which would limit where I would consider using them. I pretty much use slams as much as possible for my own vehicles and customers. Never had an issue. I had the Doms in the back of my caprice and I liked them, but I didnt own the car long enough for me to start recommending them over a slam bag.
fatboysS1O   +1y

dominators = ballooninators. 1st choice - slams2nd choice - conti's3rd choice - stonesnever a choice - dominators/airlifts
tuckinlugs06   +1y

well the specs say the are 61/2 max dia at compressed ...and filled 5" at 80 psi..seams skinner then a slam witch is 7 compressed and 7 aired up
tuckinlugs06   +1y

and built to rail did a tech on them ...they say the airlifts get 10.5 lift at 80 psi and slam says 11" on the re7 witch they dont say the psi
mindlissmetalfab   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by TuckingLugs05well the specs say the are 61/2 max dia at compressed ...and filled 5" at 80 psi..seams skinner then a slam witch is 7 compressed and 7 aired up---------------------------------------------I cant find any technical specs on the airlift site for some reason.However the numbers you are talking about dont seem right. I had the D2500s in my car, and they definitely ballooned bigger than an re6, which is the comparable bag. I believe you are comparing the dimensions of a D2500 to an RE7 which should be compared to a D2600. And I know guys that are cut for RE7s have less clearance if they switch to a D2600.