threads
Page 2 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  what do you guys think about slam bags??

what do you guys think about slam bags??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2579
replies 45
following 36

laydout   +1y

Thanks for the feedback guys!! sounds like i made a good choice
Heavy_Chevy   +1y
yeah good choice. slams is all we use too
gslif   +1y

i got re6s in the front and re7s in the back of the buick and were baggin a 71 caddy with re7s in the front and firestones in the back.i love slams because they dont balloon.
retro dime   +1y
Im buyin some RE7s tomorrow actually for the front of my truck. Ive never heard one bad thing about Slams. My shop said theyre durable, ride good, and get good lift with less air than a normal bag because they just inflate up, not out then up.
sicsan   +1y

I HATE BAGS BUT I HAD THEM ON MY CADILLAC. COMING HOME FROM BEACH I HAD A BUSHING BUST OUT OF REAR TRAILING ARM LAST JULY AND TWISTED THE ARM AND SLUG THE BAG INTO THE NOTCH. IT RUBBED FOR OVER 200 MILES TORE THE BAG ALL TO FUCK BUT IT NEVEWR BLOWED AND THATS A 6000LB CAR SO I WANT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THEM. I WAS GOING TO BAG SOMETHING THATS WHAT ID USE AGAIN
bigcuzdave   +1y

I use dual port HS-72's on the front and RS-72's on the rear of my 64 Impala. Didn't have to cut anything cuz they don't balloon like others. Definitelly recommend!
CustomParts   +1y
Edited: 4/28/2009 9:15:38 AM by CustomParts

Ive never used anything but conitechs howeverI was told to use the RE7s in the rear of my truck since I was putting the bags on the bars. So I guess we will see how it goes. The advice came from a very reputable suspension guy and Ive never heard anything bad about them and I know they are top of the line. I do know that they are alot stiffer than other bags
severedbrandon   +1y

Slams are the only thing i use, i wont settle for less because they kick ass.

BioMax   +1y

I was originally a Firestone only guy, but I've recently used Slams on a few different vehicles and have been pleased. They are a great tuning tool for widening your options if you truely care how your vehicle rides. I have them on my 62 Impala, but they are too stiff so I am going to switch to Firestone parts, but the Taco we're building right now will start with Slam RE-7 in the front and Firestone 224c in the rear because of bag placement and a few other decisions, but that's not final either.
Jimburban   +1y

I prefer the Dominators. I'm surprised that know one has mentioned them in this thread.