threads
Page 2 of 4
Old School Minis \  Interiors from 10-15 years ago?

Interiors from 10-15 years ago?

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 1729
replies 38
following 36

standardbyker88   +1y
not really. everybody still paints and wraps everything. its just less obnoxious materials now. 80% of the time.
zadaddy   +1y
actually i think it has...how many old dash swaps, full sheetmetal interiors, fiberglassed consoles did you see 10 or 15 years ago?
standardbyker88   +1y
its all relative, but i do agree the amount of work and time spent on interiors now is astonishing.

and 15 years ago, i was riding a bike, on my way to 1st grade. haha.
lucky_brew   +1y
Edited: 7/6/2008 9:41:13 PM by lucky_brew

lots of stone looking shit. ie; dashboards that looked like boulders. (flec-stone)

splater apinted pieces. velour was big right before tweed. remember minitrucks were heavily influenced by lowriders. (though most wont admit it)

multi colors! ie: tweed inserts with vinyl seat sides.

interiors often duplicateed the exterior graphics. ie: scallops, splatter paint, drips, etc

there werent any tall shifters or skulls even though most call that stuff "old school"

no leathers. no troll hair, no animal skins.

billet was post mid 90s

if i thin of more ill post. ill also scan some pics for you!

(got lots of shit to scan for several threads!)
lucky_brew   +1y
oh, plexiglass and neon speaker boxes...

grant gt steering wheels. lecarra steering wheels

no smoking plugs for cigarette lighters.

lots of dash plaques from shows across the dash (not my favorite trend back then)

no fiberglass painted shit unless it was a small dash insert like i did for my truck in my build thread. (ie, shaving the ashtray, radio, etc) then
mounting the radio/cassette deck in the glove box was big.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - and the bed had the same interior as the truck in most cases!
Drag2blaze   +1y
Ha Ha I had the spatter painted dash in my old truck...man those were the days!! I remember why those were the days shit was alot simplier back then....more fun too!
lucky_brew   +1y
Originally posted by importrev57

~I remember why those were the days shit was alot simplier back then....more fun too!

HELL YEAH!

im building my truck era correct (for the most part) at a fraction of the cost of "todays trends".

disfiguredS10   +1y
I'm just gonna park my shit for 15yrs 'til it's "old school" ^^
standardbyker88   +1y
ditto^
lucky_brew   +1y
^ ^