Page 31 of 33
Old School Minis \  where are they now?

where are they now?

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 26344
replies 326
following 186

tandem-madness   +1y
A lot of those trucks brought back a bunch of memories.

Someone asked about Joey Kettleman's Batattude. Joey and I were best friends back in those days, and last time I knew of, he had moved from Yazoo City to Jackson, MS, and the truck was still in his garage. He had done some stuff to it, but I think he lost interest.

I often wonder about the guys from Houma, LA. Dean Schwest's (? guess thats how you spell it) "Just Passin' Thru" - red toyota, drivers side suicide door, chrome scissor lift.

And Jodi's "Twist of Lime" S-10. God, that truck kicked my ass at just about every show we went to, until I went nuts with mine and started the underconstruction phase of life... (And I know nobody remembers mine... S-10 tandem with the "swing"-cide doors, vert top, full camper shell)

Funny thing too...Anyone remember Shane from Jackson, MS with the Phantom Dulley (peral white one)? I was at a customer's house here in Maryland, and he was showing me his car collection, and in the back was Shane's old phantom. Hasn't changed a bit.
dropduallie88   +1y
anybody know this truck or what happened to it. This was from Lowrider History tour in Atlanta 97
post photo
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
didnt that last truck have some crazy rim difference from front to back? like 18's front, 22's back? i remember the woofer radiation tubes and the snugtop
JTB   +1y
here is a link to someone who knows the owner

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_194985327190263&ap=1

3rdcoastlow   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Tandem_Madness said:

I often wonder about the guys from Houma, LA. Dean Schwest's (? guess thats how you spell it) "Just Passin' Thru" - red toyota, drivers side suicide door, chrome scissor lift.

Dean's toyota ended up in the hands of a buddy of mine who just drove the truck daily until he sold it-the new owner apparently burnt the engine up and put the truck out to pasture (literally) Someone was supposed to take me to look at it but by the time I heard of it and we got a straight story on the location it was gone (I assume to the scrapyard)
laidoutcourier   +1y
been my fav truck scince i saw it on the low life vid and very glad to see it back in the hand of the right owner at showfest 2010

NOTLONUF said:

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by SPOTAfter seeing those pics I feel compelled to buy it myself! Sure theres reason you haven't picked it back up?

Originally posted by baggedMITSUEdited: 6/5/2008 7:11:48 PM by baggedMITSUThe truck was finished in 2002, so its actually held up pretty good. I know the guy only put about 5,000 miles on it since he got it. but i put over 20,000 after i finished it. i mean i drove it from cali to greenville once, that was over 3600 miles alone.

these photos were taken in july of 2007, apparently the truck had already been sitting for a year. My favorite photo is the wendys cup on top of the roof. poor mitsu.--------------------------------------------- is this truck for sale?

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
cookiemonster13   +1y

97hardbodydrop said:

been my fav truck scince i saw it on the low life vid and very glad to see it back in the hand of the right owner at showfest 2010

NOTLONUF said:

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by SPOTAfter seeing those pics I feel compelled to buy it myself! Sure theres reason you haven't picked it back up?

Originally posted by baggedMITSUEdited: 6/5/2008 7:11:48 PM by baggedMITSUThe truck was finished in 2002, so its actually held up pretty good. I know the guy only put about 5,000 miles on it since he got it. but i put over 20,000 after i finished it. i mean i drove it from cali to greenville once, that was over 3600 miles alone.

these photos were taken in july of 2007, apparently the truck had already been sitting for a year. My favorite photo is the wendys cup on top of the roof. poor mitsu.--------------------------------------------- is this truck for sale?

Ernie bought it back and last that i heard was it was going to STATUS for a freshen up....

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
holliwood   +1y
The orange chevy in pic 8 with the concept graphics is the silver and candy green one that's been for sale on Houston Craigslist and Mautofied for a while now with the Chaotic Customs logo on it. They bought it from the owner, redid it as a shop truck, then apparently sold it a year or two ago.

The blue toyota in pic 26 is my old truck. Very cool to finally see a pic of it on here! I sold it back in 2002 to a kid in Utah for his new wife. They flew here one-way to get it. He had NEVER driven a body dropped truck before. Rooked me down on the price because he said he was broke. Made it to Dallas, then hit a pothole, broke the front bag mount, slammed it on the ground and burned the tire through the wiring harness. THEN, had the nerve to call me and ask if I wanted to buy it back. He ended up paying $1000 to rollback it back to Utah. Never seen or heard of it since. I would love to see more pics of it, or get some info on it.

Speedylowz said:

Well I finally made time to make a post Enjoy the pics......I have more to post but this will do for now!!

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
layingnutz   +1y
i saw somewhere... maybe earlier in this forum.. but there was a pic somewhere of that orange lincoln in a junkyard somewhere..
Like2fightfire   +1y
Edited: 11/8/2011 9:22:32 AM by Like2fightfire

My old ride! painted by Doug Starbuck and interior and sound system done by Mike Cox at Professional Auto Sound and Security!