Page 5 of 8
Air Ride Suspensions \  HOW TO: Traditional Body Drop

HOW TO: Traditional Body Drop

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 17366
replies 71
following 44

riddincaddy01   +1y
Does anyone know what exact issue that was?
purplekush   +1y
stock flooring is better if you ask me. im just partial to my 6 foot 5 stature and i love not having to ride with my head out the sunroof

especially on a fullsize chevy.
they have no leg room esentially if your over 6 foot. i made new brackets and dropped my bench seat down 4 inches and shaved some of the padding down and had it recovered and it helped me out so much comfort wise. also i feel better about having a full boxed frame while having side to side motion .. theres something about how easily c channell twists and side to side motion that doesnt exactly make me want to not have boxed in frame
4uh8rs   +1y
RIDDIN CADDY SORRY IT TO SO LONG TO RESPOND I HAVE BEEN WORKIN CRAZY HOURS......I JUST DID A BUDDIES 01 AND HE LOVES IT....SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AND ILL TYPE OUT A STEP BY STEP HOW TO AND SEND IT BACK......BUT TO BREAK IT DOWN U LOWER UR CAB MOUNTS AND DO A SORTA CHANNEL...STOCKFLOOR22@YAHOO.COM SHOOT ME AN EMAIL
riddincaddy01   +1y
a bro no worries, but ima email you bout that for sure, thanks again man
TwistedMinis   +1y
Its basically what was described over the last 2 pages. Go back and look, Bobby and I covered it.
holcombe347   +1y
Originally posted by sadisticiron

this one

the original frame that was built for that truck was done by ken leet wasnt it? i remember seeing that truck on a trailer at his shop back in the day..it was green and purple at the time.
gorillagarage   +1y
hey seth what was the cut in the middle of the cab for?? would channeling work best for a caprice ??
TwistedMinis   +1y
You mean the cut in the back of the cab? Thats where the cab drops and overlaps for a weld on both sides.
4uh8rs   +1y
YEAH FOR SETH AND BOBBY COVERED IT WELL...I HAVE ALWAYS DONE FULL SIZES THAT WAY BECAUSE IF U MESS WITH THE SEAT MOUNTS U DONT REALLY LOSE HEAD ROOM.....SETH THE TRUCK IS LOOKIN SIK BY THE WAY
rizz0   +1y
bobbys ears must have been ringing the day i bd mine!!!!!! i studied those pics and obviously he hadnt put the motor and trans in yet when he channeled his. i thought i wouldnt have to raise the trans tunnel on mine but boy was i wrong i had the motor and trans on the floor and it still was real far from fitting. oh well maybe i should have asked hahahahaha. this is a great thread though